Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sunday Times interview (1980s)
- "The Miniature Minotaur" by Jani Allan, from the Just Jani column of the Sunday Times (1980s), republished in Face Value by Jani Allan.
- I pretty much don't care what the papers say about me.
- Good tourism will follow good hotels - and what could be better for our country?
- You take a change... Calculate the odds, research the international market properly, establish the Southern Africans' taste, style, appetite and enjoyment, aim at giving them a good time at the best quality that they can afford - then go for it!
- I'm not afraid of growing old. I'm not sure that I'll ever be an old man. Maybe in the chronological sense - but that's all.
Quotes about Sol Kerzner
- as remote as the rings of Saturn.
- Sol pounds the headlines with the repetition - and delicacy of a sledgehammer.
- Sol's currency is dedication, enthusiasm and commitment.
- A man with his stubby million-rand finger perennially prodding the public's pulse, his eyes constantly roving the horizons of the future, Kerzner has the power of a Prometheus unbound.