Jump to navigation Jump to search
- I want to try new creative things and find refreshing stories. That's how I've come to choose the roles that I've done.
- The main reason for choosing a project is not really the renown of the director that's making the project. I feel like it's the fact of an actor to constantly want to do different things.
- When I first read the script, I thought it has such a unique structure. That was my first impression. And the character I was going play, it was very important. It’s kind of the centre of the story. That’s the sense I had when I read it.
- On reading the script of Parasite for the first time in "Song Kang-ho interview: “It’d be amazing to work with Ken Loach!”" in Eastern Kicks (17 January 2020)
- Relatively speaking, there’s no film that I feel like, “Oh, I really wish I had done that.” Because there are a lot of proposals and I was just in a really fortunate situation where I could just choose good screenplays, and there was no work that I kind of wanted but never been proposed. So I’m very lucky.
- A film like Parasite could be a very kind of positive stimulation to the Korean film industry. And maybe not all the films will achieve the same level of success, you know, it will be very difficult, but I think this will definitely inspire a lot of young filmmakers to make very creative and new works.
- I’m not very familiar with K-Pop, but with cinema – and Parasite in particular – I think Korean cinema carries this destructive dynamic and sensibility. Korean culture in itself is very dynamic and I think that’s why K-Pop is so popular as well. It’s a dynamic form of music, and that draws people in and makes them go crazy.
- Of course, there might be some influence in my performances, but it’s not as if I intentionally sought out those experiences for my acting career. For actors, everyone goes through a difficult period early on and you do these sorts of jobs.
- I don’t keep any notion of certain lines that shouldn’t be crossed. I want my fellow actors to feel like they are free and can give any kind of performance, whatever seems natural. I think all actors would feel that way and I think it’s what the director would want as well.