Anne Sophie Swetchine (November 22, 1782–1857), known as Madame Swetchine, was a Russian mystic who converted to Catholicism in 1815 and as a result was forced to emigrate to Paris.
- What is resignation? It is putting God between one's self and one's grief.
- Reported in Josiah Hotchkiss Gilbert, Dictionary of Burning Words of Brilliant Writers (1895), p. 511.
- The only true method of action in this world is to be in it, but not of it.
- Reported in Josiah Hotchkiss Gilbert, Dictionary of Burning Words of Brilliant Writers (1895), p. 622.
- To love deeply in one direction makes us more loving in all others
- Reported in, "Transform Your Life: 52 Brilliant Ideas for Becoming the Person You Want to Be" by Penny Ferguson, p. 167.
- Youth should be a savings-bank.
- Reported in Hoyt's New Cyclopedia Of Practical Quotations (1922), p. 921-24.