Jump to navigation Jump to search
- South Africans rightly "go to town" when politicians and bureaucrats are accused of ethical shortcomings.
- Iraj Abedian, economist of Pan-African Investment and Research, in "SA's Capitalist Class In Crisis: Steinhoff, Naspers Battered", by Pieter du Toit, Huffpost (6 December 2017)
- I'm going to tell you a secret. It’s not a very well-kept secret, but it’s one that most South Africans don’t know. So here it is: the rest of Africa doesn’t like us very much... We’re looked upon with a mix of envy and resentment, our wealth and power relative to the rest of the continent ensuring that most of the time we get our way.
- Simon Allison, "Analysis: South Africa is too American to lead Africa" (27 January 2012), Daily Maverick
- I`m a Christian. I`m a South African. I`m an Afrikaner. I`m a lawyer. I love my country.
- I've met the King of China and a working Yorkshire miner, but I've never met a nice South African.
- South Africans are very backward in terms of historical development. I hate South Africans. That's not a fair thing to say because I like a lot of South Africans but they really think they're the bees' knees and actually they've been the cause of so much trouble in this part of the world... I have a suspicion the blacks model themselves on the whites now that they're in power. "Don't you know who we are, man?" ... They think in BRICS that the "S" actually stands for South Africa whereas it stands for Africa.
- Encyclopedic article on South Africans at Wikipedia