Space: Above and Beyond
- 1 Season 1
- 1.1 Opening narration
- 1.2 Episode 1: Pilot Part 1 [1.1]
- 1.3 Episode 1: Pilot Part 2
- 1.4 Episode 3: The Farthest Man From Home
- 1.5 Episode 4: Dark Side Of The Sun
- 1.6 Episode 5: Mutiny
- 1.7 Episode 6: Ray Butts
- 1.8 Episode 7: Eyes
- 1.9 Episode 8: The Enemy
- 1.10 Episode 9: Hostile Visit
- 1.11 Episode 10: Choice or Chance
- 1.12 Episode 11: Stay with The Dead
- 1.13 Episode 12: The River of Stars
- 1.14 Episode 13: Who Monitors the Birds
- 1.15 Episode 14: Level of Necessity
- 1.16 Episode 15: Never No More
- 1.17 Episode 16: The Angriest Angel
- 1.18 Episode 17: Toy Soldiers
- 1.19 Episode 18: Dear Earth
- 1.20 Episode 19: Pearly
- 1.21 Episode 20: R & R
- 1.22 Episode 21: Stardust
- 1.23 Episode 22: Sugar Dirt
- 1.24 Episode 23: And if they lay us down to rest
- 1.25 Episode 24: Tell our Moms we done our best
- 2 External links
- "T. C." McQueen: We thought we were alone. We believed the universe was ours. Until one night in 2063, on a Earth colony 16 light-years away, they struck. Now we are at war. We fight when called, in space, on land, and at sea. To lose this war means more than defeat, to surrender is to never go home. All of us must rise to the call... above and beyond.
Episode 1: Pilot Part 1 [1.1]
- Colonial Governor Borman: Tonight we stand beneath a new heaven. After 150 years of calling out, the silence of the universe assures us that life is unique. We are alone. You and I are among the first to bring life to the stars - to this planet. The farthest any human has ever ventured. I know there are those at home who say that we are here only as a status symbol. Others say that we are fortune hunters, or that we're running away. But I know we're here because of faith - faith in each other, in a better world. The rocket fuel that brought us here can be burnt away, but our belief in ourselves, in one another, in the future, never can be; never will be.
- Sergeant Major Frank Bougus: I am your senior drill instructor, I am here to turn you slimey civilian cesspool parasites into United States Marine Corp space aviators, invoking bowel wrenching fear into the dark hearts of your enemies
- Sergeant Major Frank Bougus: I am a road map, i will lead and you will follow, i will teach and you will learn, when you leave my academy you will be weapons, focussed and full of purpose, Hot Rod rocket gods of precision and strength, terrorising across the cosmos and hunting for heaven
- Sergeant Major Frank Bougus: I am not an officer, I work for a living!
Sergeant Major Frank Bougus: In space, no one can hear you scream, unless it is the war cry of the U.S. Marines!
Sergeant Major Frank Bougus: You might fly an individual rocket but you are a squadron, you are a team, and if your risk your ass you risk the teams
Secretary General of The United Nations, Spencer Chartwell:No matter where you stand on this planet, either beneath the sun's warmth, or the cold of night, the storm cloud's of war gather over our home, soon they may fall in unceasing thunder bolts, we must stand together against the deluge, we cannot possibly retreat
Sergeant Major Frank Bougus: War is what Marines pray for
Sergeant Major Frank Bougus: As part of your training, there is no commanding officer. You are on your own. From this moment until we win this war, the only easy day is yesterday.
Episode 1: Pilot Part 2
Lt. Cooper Hawkes: I never had a mother, but you sound like one.
Sergeant Major Frank Bougus: My advice, go home, see your families, could be the last time.
Lt. Col. Tyrus Cassius 'T.C.' McQueen: Courage, Honour, Dedication, Sacrifice, these are just the words they used to get you here, now the only word that means a damn to you, is life. Yours, your buddies, the one certainty in war is that in an hour, maybe two, you'll either still be alive or you'll be dead.
Lt. Col. Tyrus Cassius 'T.C.' McQueen: That's when we'll teach them something every human knows. Payback's a bitch.
Secretary General Chartwell: The break in the storm is momentary, the thunder shall return, the lightning will certainly strike again.
Lt. Nathan West: Elsewhere, stars are born, other star systems, older, larger, continue to breath, a solar system dies a crib death, if that what it takes, then OK, if I must wait that long, then all right, because when I think of this, nothing is more desirable then the hope of watching that last day when the sun flickers out with you beside me. We will sit alone on a dark chunk of ice on top of the world, and the stars above,beyond and between us, will never shine brighter, as we drift away, into space
Episode 3: The Farthest Man From Home
Survivor: You come here, and, you sit here, and you walk here, and you get in my head, and you, you get in my ears and you get in my eyes and I did nothing, nothing but live and OK, so I'm far from home, I'm very far from home but you, you can go home, the others have gone home, they've gone home and they have left me here, alone.
Lt. Col. Tyrus Cassius 'T.C.' McQueen: Every life in this war is tied together.
Lt. Nathan West: In fifty years from now, on that burned spot, the trees will be back, and so will we.
Episode 4: Dark Side Of The Sun
Lt. Shane Vansen: It's inevitable, the same dream, I'm flying amongst the stars, directly towards the sun, alone, always alone. I become aware of a premonition that the sun is about to explode, and what upsets me most, is why, why did the sun have to die.
Sabrine EW 177: Faith's a bitch
Episode 5: Mutiny
Sgt. Monk: I haven't seen my wife since before the war, she's probably forgot what I look like, I know, I know in my case maybe that's a good thing
Lt. Col. Tyrus Cassius 'T.C.' McQueen: I don't think about what never was
Ashby: You ever try to do the right thing, but it turns out wrong?
Episode 6: Ray Butts
Lt. Col. Tyrus Cassius 'T.C.' McQueen: Kind of a bummer getting your butt kicked by a dead guy.
Lt. Col. Raymond Thomas Butts: Hey I heard of you, Hell, well I didn't know what I was expecting, but it ain't you
Lt. Cooper Hawkes: How come you cant just punch a senior officer?
Lt. Shane Vansen: No one is born that mean, they either put it on for effect, or something happened, something turned them that mean, they can never go back, the worse part is, they know it
Lt. Col. Tyrus Cassius 'T.C.' McQueen: Whatever your doing I take one look at you and know that it's only about you, and anyone pulled in is going to die while you just drive on
Lt. Col. Raymond Thomas Butts: Maybe you can pull every string, but I pull the rope
Lt. Col. Raymond Thomas Butts: Easy as eating pancakes
Lt. Col. Raymond Thomas Butts: What are you worried about? its dark, you wont even realise you've fallen twenty eight thousand feet
Lt. Col. Raymond Thomas Butts: The first life you take is hard, the second one is harder, then after that you forget whatever it was that made it tough in the first place, but then one day, you come face to face with the other side and it bites back
Episode 7: Eyes
Opening Quote: Tell my mother I died for my country, I did what I thought was best - John Wilkes Booth
Lt. Vanessa Damphousse: No matter what we think, its all just still of our hands
Lt. Paul Wang: How can one murderer change the world with the speed of a bullet?
Lt. Col. Tyrus Cassius 'T.C.' McQueen: A great warrior, a better man, has fallen
Lt. Vanessa Damphousse: It makes me feel insignificant and supreme at the same time
Ambassador Diane Hayden: These are strange days colonel, there are a lot of scared people, and I must admit with good reason, and there are a lot of paranoid people with no good reason. They believe what they feel, to patronise them them is a serious miscalculation, to ignore them, to hope they will go away is very dangerous.
Lt. Cooper Hawkes: True loyalty can only be demonstrated through the display of manifest actions
Lt. Nathan West: I'd rather have the truth then the medal
Episode 8: The Enemy
Lt. Paul Wang: They say this planet didn't have what it took to become a star Lt. Vanessa Damphousse: It looks angry about it
Lt. Cooper Hawkes: They had their reasons, They might not have known them, and you might not understand it, but they had their reasons
Episode 9: Hostile Visit
Lt. Col. Tyrus Cassius 'T.C.' McQueen There is only one thing you need to know, anything that's either been learned or discovered in all the centuries of life on earth means nothing right now. Nobody can tell you what to be prepared for. Your enemy has a dark blood thirsty heart, assume everything is dangerous, if in doubt, kill... I wish I was going with you
Lt. Col. Tyrus Cassius 'T.C.' McQueen Look around you sir, defeat is on every face. Fear and surrender is on everyone's mind at home, the secretary general is ready to give in. I'm not.
Howard Sewell The Trojan Horse, the greatest military manoeuvre in human history and our enemy have no knowledge of its precedence, but that's why we should be studying this technology so we can build our own Trojan Horse instead of wasting it on a stupid act of bravado
Commodore Ross Who am I to tell any man what he should give his life for
Lt. Col. Tyrus Cassius 'T.C.' McQueen Heroes or fools? That's a determination other people will make in hindsight but by being here now that's a determination that we make for ourselves and it's neither.
Lt. Col. Tyrus Cassius 'T.C.' McQueen Hope falling upon the dried blood of Union brothers in the Manassas Eve still guides our path, constellations hidden by fierce pacific storms in the Bhutan sky remain obscured by green. The stars, a billion for every life laid down in Vietnam still shine on us and will guide those who follow.
Episode 10: Choice or Chance
- Lt. Col. Tyrus Cassius 'T.C.' McQueen Frightening how much pain an in-vitro, a human body can stand, you'd like to believe the body would break before the will. I held out three days. Once when they were doing stuff to me, I heard screaming, it sounded far off down the hall. I remember thinking, that poor bastard, what must he be going through, then when I came to I realised the screams had been coming from me, save your last bullet
- Elroy-El Wang, Paul, your boy Elroy will never hurt you again, I promise, scouts honour, but listen I want you to do something for me, it wont take long, will you do that for me?
Episode 11: Stay with The Dead
- Dr. Kanellos They're dead colonel, they're not going to hold it against him at the tenth reunion
Episode 12: The River of Stars
- Lt. Paul Wang It had been five months of the most horrific warfare in earth's history. A war in which rivers of blood flowed in trench's for a few yards of advancement. A cold modern war born from ancient nationalistic hatred, a war which saw the introduction of awesome technological weapons : the machine gun, the armoured tank, nerve gas and yet on December 24th 1914 German and British and French soldiers climbed out of their trench's to meet in no man's land to peacefully celebrate Christmas. They sang Christmas carol's, exchanged cigarettes and autographs, posed for pictures, buried their dead. The silence remained throughout Christmas Day, in the following three years eight million would die and less then two decades later the same armies would be engaged in the greatest loss of human life in history. The world had never seen anything like it before and 149 years later to the day its impossible to imagine ever seeing it again.
- Lt. Paul Wang (reading Romeo and Juliet) And when I shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun.
Episode 13: Who Monitors the Birds
- Lt. Cooper Hawkes Earth is at war with an advanced alien enemy, my squadron are called "The Wild Cards" the 58th their the only people who've ever cared about me
Episode 14: Level of Necessity
- Lt. Cooper Hawkes I don't want nobody telling me how I'm gonna go, I just rather it happen then be all spooked up to the moment I die"
- Lt. Kelly Anne Winslow But that's not part of our rotation, we served our time in hell"
- Colonel Matthew Burke I dream about your responsibility
- Colonel Matthew Burke Everybody dies, not everybody see's, I want to see what you see.
Episode 15: Never No More
- Lt. Shane Vansen Even if you had a detailed report you'd still be wondering why, its the most asked question, why did things turn out this way?
- Lt. Shane Vansen Look at the moon, Tomorrow night it will set in a different spot, a week from now only half of it will shine, and in two weeks you wont even know that it's there. All that I believe is that no one can know how things can be different, how things can change, the only certainty is now, and I sure dont believe in forever.
- Lt. Col. Tyrus Cassius 'T.C.' McQueen Sir, respectfully you are sending them into the dark without a light.
- Lt. Col. Tyrus Cassius 'T.C.' McQueen There has to be something beyond this war.
- Lt. Shane Vansen The craft has a fuselage, it was bullet shaped and I didn't get a very good look, however, the nose had been marked with writing, in English, and a crude human skull, it read "Abandon All Hope".
- Lt. Shane Vansen John, I am so sorry that she's not here, but I'm not sorry that I am
- Lt. Col. Tyrus Cassius 'T.C.' McQueen When a plane in your formation goes down you'l know your in the school yard.
- Lt. Shane Vansen I now know that giving your life to someone doesn't mean dying.
Episode 16: The Angriest Angel
- Lt. Col. Tyrus Cassius 'T.C.' McQueen Who am I and whats the point. My name is Lt. Col. Tyrus Cassius McQueen but I know nothing of who I am. The answer I feel is near, the defining perhaps final moment is close. Everyone, everyone in this life knows when the moment is before them. To turn away is simple, to ignore it assures survival but it is an insult to life because there can be no redemption no second chance, beyond death there's nothing. Just darkness and cold. The instance its existence was confirmed, every action, every breath in my life became horrifyingly clear. He's out there at night sending our women and our men to that cold, dark, place and nothing will stop him until I face the moment.
- Lt. Col. Tyrus Cassius 'T.C.' McQueen With all due respect, I dont think our maker wants to hear from me right now, because he knows im going to go out into that sky in this plane and remove one of his creations from his universe and when I return I'm going to drink a bottle of scotch as if it were Chiggy von Richthofen's blood and celebrate his death.
- Chaplain Amen.
Episode 17: Toy Soldiers
- Lt. Col. Tyrus Cassius 'T.C.' McQueen: An unloaded weapon always shoots the loudest.
- Commodore Ross: Don't be in such a hurry to die Lieutenant, you'l get your chance
- Lt. Shane Vansen: Brothers, Sisters, they always see the difference in each other, they never realise they came from the same place
Episode 18: Dear Earth
- Lt. Col. Tyrus Cassius 'T.C.' McQueen: Parents of marines have lost their sons for 300 years
- Lt. Col. Tyrus Cassius 'T.C.' McQueen: I've been getting an earful of bitching and moaning about pilots getting deployed as ground-pounders, hear this c.f.b (clear as a fucking bell), this is not the Air Force, this is the Corps, air/ground, combat element of The 51st M.E.U. (Marine Expeditionary Unit), every Marine a rifleman. Therefore, you will fight on command, where needed, how needed, do I make myself clear??
- Lt. Nathan West: And if one day you should receive a yellow envelope from The Marines, don't bother to open it, reread this letter and know how much your sons loved one another and you, and that we are once again together, with all my love, your son.
Episode 19: Pearly
- Feliciti OH: Cant you just kill anyone without all the theatre?
- Lt. Cooper Hawkes She's feeling better, she's starting to bitch again
Episode 20: R & R
- Commodore Ross: Take my word for it, you are not the same person you were when you left home
- The Host: Here you are all Gods
- Handsome Alvin: Do you know who Clint Eastwood is, do you?
- Suzy: Know one thing Lieutenant, every girl's weak spot is the back of her neck
Episode 21: Stardust
- James Darkmoon: I wish I could have added to this life, instead of taking from it,but a man is what he is.
- Lt. Shane Vansen: We are not afraid of being placed in jeopardy, but we want to know when we are being placed in it
- Gen. Oliver Ranford: He spent to whole time trying to convince me that it was useless, that some people are born mean and that he was one of them
- Gen. Oliver Ranford: Now in the sky he thought, I will create all around her. The stars will be all over the sky. In the past they all had names, also a direction so that nothing would go wrong where ever you where on this earth, it is still the same way that he made it. Now we will set our minds, yes we will give thanks for all the stars in the sky, this is the way he should be in our minds.
Episode 22: Sugar Dirt
- Lt. Col. Tyrus Cassius 'T.C.' McQueen: The right thing to do is rarely the easiest.
- Lt. Shane Vansen: It would be a relief not to be in command any more, to be responsible for four other lives
Episode 23: And if they lay us down to rest
- Lt. Shane Vansen: For days, everything, before there was anything, you, me the sun and all the stars we can and cannot see were together in a size smaller then this point of light, then by an inexplicable somehow it became. Ten million years later, gravity tried to pull it back creating galaxies, billions of stars, trillions and a solitary earth made of one continent. For the four hundred million years toxic erruptions spilled volcanic ash into an atmosphere devoid of oxygen. Deadly radiation heated the acidic oceans, comets and asteroids rained with force greater than all the nuclear arsenals of the twentieth century and yet by an inexplicable somehow, life became.
- Lt. Cooper Hawkes: If none of you have the dark heart to do it, I do.
- Lt. Paul Wang: Do you have to kill it? if it poses no threat?
- Lt. Shane Vansen: Like that last Panda, it has no idea what's about to happen
Episode 24: Tell our Moms we done our best
- Lt. Paul Wang:What would do if the war was over?
- Lt. Col. Tyrus Cassius 'T.C.' McQueen: Well I'll find a quiet place, alone, and ask forgiveness for the lives I've taken, then I'l pull out the accordion, get naked and polka around the flight deck