The Spectacular Spider-Man (TV series)
The Spectacular Spider-Man is a television series featuring the Marvel comic book superhero Spider-Man, which started March 8th 2008 and runs at Kids' WB every saturday, by 10am. But since this May, the show has aired on the new The CW4Kids animation block from 9-10 am.
Survival of The Fittest
- Spider-Man: [Voiceover] Tell me there's somethin' better. Go ahead: try. How I Spent My Summer Vacation, by Peter Benjamin Parker… I can sum it up in one, glorious, hyphenated word: Spider-Man.
- Flint Marko: [As the Spider-Signal is being shown upon him, and his partner, O’Hirn had been captured] Oh no! Not again!
- Spider-Man: Yep, again. What is this, Marko, like the third time this summer?
- O’Hirn: Aw, just wait until I get my hands on ya, ya skinny little creep!
- [Spider-Man leaps down and begins fighting with Marko]
- Spider-Man: Okay, so now Marko, a new Spider-Signal, too much? It’s my first night tryin’ it out, and it screams “Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man”! Be Brutal. I mean, as a man with a lot of experience getting thrashed by well, me, I really value your opinion.
- Spider-Man: Whoa, whoa, guys. I know it's not exactly a cure, but how about some chill pills?
- Electro: None of you get it! Without a cure, I'm not Max Dillon! I'm... what'd you call me?
- Spider-Man: Lightning Butt?
- Electro: No, not that!... Electro. Yeah... I'm Electro!
- Spider-Man: Now, if I were a 6'5" lizard instead of a 5'6" spider, where would I hide?
- Spider-Man: Hey! Wall-crawling's my schtick. Hey, you start spinning a web and I'll sue.
- Spider-Man: [While swinging around, talking on a cell phone] I so have to get me some hands-free!
- J. Jonah Jameson: Did a caveman proof-read this piece?! Where's my sport's editor?! I want him in my office in fourteen seconds! AND WHERE'S MY COFFEE?!
- Peter Parker: Um, sir? I'm Peter--
- J. Jonah Jameson: I know who you are! You're the know-nothing that wasted forty-one seconds of my time the other day! Well, I haven't got another forty-one to spare! [Pushes Peter into the elevator]
- Peter Parker: But, but- [Elevator door closes in his face]
- J. Jonah Jameson: Brilliant comeback, kid! Now, where's that Parker guy?! I e-mailed him seventy-six minutes ago! WON'T ANYONE GET ME MY COFFEE?!
- [Betty Brant suddenly appears beside Jameson with a cup of coffee]
- Betty Brant: Coffee, decaf. [hands mug to Jameson] It's only been twenty minutes and I'm pretty sure you just kicked Peter Parker out.
- J. Jonah Jameson: Well, don't just stand there! Get him back!
- Spider-Man: [to Sandman] Let me guess! You were on a reality show. Changing Faces, or Completely Ridiculous Makeovers?
- Sandman: It's over, Spider-Man. When you were the only one with powers, you had me beat! But now, King Sandman reigns supreme!
- Spider-Man: Your Majesty! Allow me to build a statue in your honor! [covers Sandman with cement]
The Invisible Hand
- Spider-Man: Come one, come all! Before your very eyes, the world's largest dehydrated turtle!
- Rhino: [wearily] I swear I'm gonna crush you... promised Big Man I'd crush you... crush you... crush you... crush you...
- Spider-Man: Are we losing it a bit, Alexander?
- Rhino: Only Mama calls me Alexander... you're not my Mama! Not my Mama... Mama...
- Spider-Man: Yes, I think we are.
- Rhino: [half unconscious] Mama... do I have to go to school?
- Spider-Man: So, Alexander, tell Mama... who's the Big Man?
- Rhino: Ixnay... we don't ever use the "B" word... call him... "Mr. Lincoln"...
- Spider-Man: I'm here to see Mr. Lincoln.
- "Big Man": Then you should make an appointment. But perhaps we can make an exception for the hero of the day. I am L. Thompson Lincoln.
- Spider-Man: Please, you're the Big Man!
- "Big Man": In my life, I've been called many names. My favorite... is "Tombstone".
- Tombstone: I don't know who you are, but....
- Green Goblin: Of course you don't! That's the point of the mask, genius!
- Spider-Man: So, your latest super-baddie turned on you, eh, Toomie?
- Tombstone: I don't know who he is... yet! But he's not in my employ.
- Spider-Man: That's okay. I can always pretend he's yours while I trounce him. I'll still feel all warm inside.
- Green Goblin: Hell-ooo! I'm in the room! Really, you're both too rude!
- Spider-Man: Oh, where are my manners? Here you come to terrorize the Tombster and I don't even say thank you. My only excuse is that you're holding innocent people hostage! It's confusing to my poor spider-brain.
- Green Goblin: Mmm, yes, quite the puzzler. But the Green Goblin has a solution: You and I, join forces! Consider what we could accomplish by combining our powers! WE COULD RULE NEW YORK!
- Spider-Man: Are we talking Manhattan, or all 5? Nah, sorry. I make it a rule not to partner with anyone green. Or, you know, psychotic.
- Green Goblin: [sighs] Oh well, your loss... of life!
- Dr. Octopus: I've been good...
- Spider-Man: Look, Doc, have you thought this through? The next Spider-Man who finds you buried under a pile of debris might view this as a cautionary tale!
- Dr. Octopus: [slamming him to the ground with one of his arms] Glib.. does not... equate... with clever, Spider-Man!
- Spider-Man: Yeah, well, the ratio of arms to sanity hasn't exactly been established either.
- Dr. Octopus: Do you ever SHUT UP!?
- Spider-Man: Sorry, no. My fans expect a certain amount of quippage in every battle.
- Spider-Man: Come on, Doc. You're a cephalopod, I'm an arthropod. Can't we just hug it out?
The Uncertainty Principle
- Green Goblin: [While fighting with Spidey] We both want Tombstone out of the picture-- [Gets elbowed in the face]
- Spider-Man: For completely different reasons!
- Green Goblin: Details, details... And speaking of details, I've got a jump-drive with enough inciminating evidence to put Tombstone down for good!
- Spider-Man: Great! Fork it over, I'll turn you both in!
- Green Goblin: Ah, ah, ah! I don't have it on me, but I will have it tonight!
- Spider-Man: When tonight? Where?
- Green Goblin: [To the camera] Anyone else getting déja vu? Oh, well! Let's run with it! [Back to Spidey] Believe me, you'll know. [Slams Spidey into an A/C unit, flies off with maniacal laughter]
- Green Goblin (While fighting Spidey): Why don't you just GIVE UP?!
- Spider-Man: Because I know your secret! I know whose face is behind that mask!
- Green Goblin: We all wear masks, Spider-Man. But which one is real? The one that hides your face... or the one that is your face?
- J. Jonah Jameson: As I predicted, the web-head's turned out to be just another thug in a mask! Soon he'll be cut, jailed and run outta town!
- Peter Parker: [Brooding] How can he be jailed and run out of town?
- Peter Parker: Boss! I'd like a word!
- J. Jonah Jameson: How 'bout scram. Or two words; scram kid. Or seventeen; get out of my office in two-point-three seconds or I'll staple you to a flagpole!"
- Peter Parker: [pauses for a moment; surprised] How did you count so - uh, never mind!
- Spider-Man: [sighs] Gotta love these lazy Saturday mornings. [Looks at clock. It's 12:16] ...Or...noons.... Ah, better get up. [gets up]
- [The Sinister Six arrive and prepare to attack Spider-Man]
- Dr. Octopus: So then arachnid, any last words?
- Spider-Man: [scared] "Homina homina homina" comes to mind.
- Mary Jane Watson: [to Eddie Brock] Pete may not be perfect but whatever his faults, he's twice the man you'll ever be.
- Symbiote: We didn't hurt Uncle Ben. The world took him away from us. The world takes everything we love. There's no one you can trust Peter Parker. No one, except us! Join with us! Make our bond permanent. Together, nothing can stop us. And everything we ever wanted... will be ours.
- Symbiote: Eddie Brock. We sense your fury, your hatred - and its taste is sweet. Do you hate the Spider? Do you hate Parker?
- Eddie Brock: Do you have to ask?
- Symbiote: No. But we have much to show!
- [The Symbiote reveals Spider-Man/Peter's memories to Eddie]
- Eddie Brock: Pete... He's Spider-Man! Why didn't I see it before?! I don't have two enemies; I have one!
- Symbiote: We have one enemy! The Spider-Parker sought to destroy us too! Bond with us, Eddie Brock - mind, body and soul!
- Eddie Brock: Yes.
- Symbiote: Accept the gift that Parker rejected!
- Eddie Brock: Yes...!
- Symbiote: And together, we will have our desire!
- Eddie Brock: YES...!
- [The two bond, becoming Venom]
- Venom: WE WILL HAVE VENGEANCE ON SPIDER-MAN!!!
Nature vs Nurture [1.13]
- Venom: Oh, you don't need to wear a mask with us, Pete! We know all your secrets - because, course, we were you.
- Spider-Man: The Symbiote... but I destroyed it!
- Venom: Did you really think a little refrigeration would do us in?
- Spider-Man: You ensnared another human being?!
- Venom: [grabs Spider-Man] Someone better suited to our gifts! [strikes Spider-Man several times before pinning him down] And to our mission: destroying you for rejecting us! From now on, we're poison to Peter Parker and Spider-Man! WE'RE VENOM!!!
- Venom: We've toyed with you long enough!
- Spider-Man: Okay, you win.
- Venom: [Laughs, starts walking forward] Of course we win.
- Spider-Man: Not you. It.
- [Venom stops]
- Spider-Man: The Symbiote's proven it's point. I'm nothing without it. Take me back. That's what it wants, right? A reunion with it's first love?
- Venom: The Symbiote has found a better partner in me!
- Spider-Man: 'Me'? Not 'us'?
- Venom: [as the Symbiote melts off him] No, you can't do this! Don't... don't leave me...
- Stan Lee: [at a shipyard] You know when you stick your tongue on the side of ship and it sticks there? I hate it when I do that. [guy looks at Stan] Just saying.
- Spider-Man: Wow, nice trick bubblebrain! And I bet the cheesy magician act really goes over big with the tourists.
- Mysterio: You dare call Mysterio a magician?! FOOL! Mysterio is no illusionist playing parlor tricks. Mysterio is a master of the arcane arts!
- Spider-Man: It seems to me that Mysteeeeerio is a master of talking about himself in the third-person.
- Spider-Man: Where did you come from?
- Kraven: Mother Russia. By way of mother Africa!
- Spider-Man: Ah, two moms and still so ill-behaved?
- Kraven: Amazing! No beast has ever broken Sergei Kravinoff!
- Spider-Man: Okay, I see the confusing.. not a beast, a Spider-MAN. Get it?
- Silvermane: Et tu, Octopus?
- Dr. Octopus: What can I say? A opportunity is a opportunity, Silvermane..