Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tony Manero knows the old days are over - But nobody's gonna tell him he can't feel that good again. Taglines
Staying Alive is the 1983 sequel to the 1977 hit film Saturday Night Fever. Brooklyn working-class youth Tony Manero is six years older, beyond disco, and ready for the modern dance productions on Broadway.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Laura: Oh, don't take it personally.
- Tony Manero: I've got to, there's no one else in the room!
- Tony Manero: Did you hear the way she talked? All intelligent like.
- Jackie: Tony, an accent doesn't make you intelligent, if it did, you'd be Einstein.
- Doorman: Are you expected?
- Tony Manero: To do what?
- Joy: Hello, I'm Joy...
- Tony Manero: ...And I'm happiness.
- Tony Manero: Last time I came over, I almost got brain damaged. You guys party too hard, you ought to be a tag team.
- Jackie: You know a woman's career as a dancer is as half as long as a man's? So that means I have as half as many chances of making it, right?
- Laura: Who do you think you're dealing with? Some little groupie who jumps when you call, is this who you think I am? We met, we made it, what do you think it was, true love? And you say I used you but what about you using me? Everybody uses everybody, don't they?
- Tony Manero: Don't worry. She's in good hands.
- Carl: And what are you, Allstate, pal?
- Tony Manero: Yeah, you want disability?
- Jessie: You wanna dance? You follow my rules! This is not a democracy! You know, you're not the greatest dancer ever to hit Broadway.
- Tony Manero: Everybody uses everbody, don't they?
- Jessie: Go to hell, Manero!
- Mrs. Manero: I don't believe it and don't get fresh with me. This, this attitude you're talking about, that's what got you out of this damn neighborhood.
- [last lines]
- Tony Manero: You know what I wanna do?
- Jackie: What?
- Tony Manero: Strut.
- Tony Manero knows the old days are over - But nobody's gonna tell him he can't feel that good again.
- It's five years later for Tony Manero. The fever still burns!
|John Travolta||Tony Manero|
|Julie Bovasso||Mrs. Manero|