Steven Ernest Sailer (born December 20, 1958) is an American journalist and movie critic for The American Conservative, ex-correspondent for UPI, and VDARE.com columnist. He writes about race relations, gender issues, politics, immigration, IQ, genetics, movies, and sports. He is perhaps best known online as a blogger.
- The typical white intellectual considers himself superior to ordinary white people for two contradictory reasons: a] he constantly proclaims belief in human equality, but they don't; b] he has a high IQ, but they don't.
- "Racism" is to the current era what "unAmericanism" was to the Fifties: a curse word that provides a handy substitute for logical thought.
- Darwin seems to lose out with the public primarily when his supporters force him into a mano-a-mano Thunderdome death match against the Almighty. Most people seem willing to accept Darwinism as long as they don't have to believe in nothing but Darwinism. Thus, the strident tub-thumping for absolute atheism by evolutionary biologists like Richard Dawkins, whom the new issue of Discover Magazine rightly criticizes as "Darwin's Rottweiler," is self-defeating.
- What you won't hear, except from me, is that 'Let the good times roll' is an especially risky message for African-Americans. The plain fact is that they tend to possess poorer native judgment than members of better-educated groups. Thus they need stricter moral guidance from society. ... In contrast to New Orleans, there was only minimal looting after the horrendous 1995 earthquake in Kobe, Japan — because, when you get down to it, [the] Japanese aren't blacks.
- Racial Reality And The New Orleans Nightmare, by Steve Sailer, September 3, 2005]
- Lenin, Stalin, and Mao slaughtered even more tens of millions in the name of equality than Hitler murdered in the name of inequality.
- The Coming War over Genes: Darwin's Enemies on the Left, by Steve Sailer, National Post, 12/1/99
- Perhaps the most quoted social philosopher of our time famously asked:
- "Can we all get along?"
- Well, when it comes to Muslims and Westerners, the answer is:
- No, we can't.
- So, deal with it. When we get in each other's faces, we get on each other's nerves. It's time to get out of each other's faces. Westerners and Muslims don't agree on the basics of social order and don't want to live under the same rules. That shouldn't be a problem because that's what separate countries are for. We should stop occupying their countries and stop letting them move to ours.
- Sailer, Steve (2006-08-13). The One Word Grand Strategy for Westerners and Muslims: "Disconnect". VDARE. Retrieved on 2007-06-23. (emphasis in original)
- If you analyze a host of real world outcomes using adoption studies, fraternal v. identical twin studies, twins-raised-apart studies, the history of early childhood intervention research, naturally-occurring experiments, differences between societies, changes over history, and so forth, you tend to come up with nature and nurture as being about equally important: maybe fifty-fifty. The glass is roughly half-full and half-empty.
- Sailer, Steve (October 25, 2012). A Short, Stylized Dialogue On Epigenetics. VDARE.com. Retrieved on October 27, 2012.