Steven Curtis Chapman
|This musician-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Everything we're singing about is true, and even when you take away all the glitz, it's still true in the darkest, ugliest and most hopeless places.
- Speaking to reporters after winning his 55th and 56th Gospel Music Association Dove Awards in 2009 -- nearly one year after the accidental death of his 5-year-old adopted daughter Maria. 
- As soon as you're willing to humble yourself and say, God, please help — then you can find out that His strength really is perfect, that He really does care for you, that He does really want to meet your need.
- "The Live Adventure" album, "Family Talk" track, recorded live in Seattle
- Let us remember that this scene [the Nativity] represents so much more than just a touching story or a nostalgic holiday fairytale. It is, in fact, a reminder of the most amazing reality: That God came, and God spoke. Peace on earth, God is with us. And the God who spoke still speaks. And the God who came still comes. This is the true Miracle of Christmas – that as we stand here tonight in our real world with our real lives full of problems and questions, past hurts and future hopes, God is with us.
- Playing Pastor Michael Curtis in the Lifetime movie "Christmas Child," 2003 
- There’s obviously always danger in making music or art for art’s sake. Even as Christians we can be guilty of that, being more about the art than the Artist who gave us this gift.
- Press conference after 2007 GMA Music Awards 
- Wherever we are, God's in that moment, God's speaking to us, and if we've just got our ears open and our antennas up, there's no lack of inspiration. He's not silent. We just have to be listening.
- Press conference after 2007 GMA Music Awards