Straight Outta Compton (film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The world's most dangerous times created the world's most dangerous group.
Straight Outta Compton is a 2015 film in which the group N.W.A emerges from the mean streets of Compton in Los Angeles, California, in the mid-1980s and revolutionizes Hip hop culture with their music and tales about life in the hood.
- Directed by F. Gary Gray. Written by Jonathan Herman and Andrea Berloff, based on a story by S. Leigh Savidge, Alan Wenkus, and Andrea Berloff.
- Let me tell you what I see here: a lot of raw talent. Swagger. Bravado. People are scared of you guys. They think you're dangerous, but the world needs to hear it.
- [to the policemen] You can't come down here and harass my clients because they're black!
- Jerry Heller: What's NWA stand for, anyway? "No Whites Allowed", something like that? [chuckles]
- Eazy-E: No... [pause] Niggaz Wit' Attitudes.
- Eazy-E: Hey, ya'll lookin for Felicia?
- Felicia's Man: She in there or what?
- Eazy-E: She kinda preoccupied with some real nigga dick.
- Felicia's Man: [Revealing a gun] The fuck you say little nigga?
- Eazy-E: [Comes out with a machine gun, Cube and Ren behind him with guns too] I said, she got a muthafuckin dick in her mouth nigga!
- [N.W.A have been warned not to perform Fuck tha Police.]
- Ice Cube: Hey, hold on, hold on! Y'all know what the motherfuckin' police tried to tell us back stage?
- Dr. Dre, Audience: What?!
- Ice Cube: They tried to tell us...what the fuck we can't play. [audience angrily boos] Motherfuckers tried to tell us...what the fuck we can't say! [audience still boos] This N.W.A.! [audience cheers wildly] We do what the fuck we wanna do; We say what the fuck we wanna say! So everybody, put them middle fingers high in the sky. And to the punk-ass cop backstage-- [audience boos the police with their middle fingers raised, and cheer and whistle for N.W.A] Yo, Dre.
- Dr. Dre: What up?
- Ice Cube: I got somethin' to say.
- [Dre scratches vinyl record in rhythm]
- Ice Cube: [rapping] Fuck the police coming straight from the underground,
A young nigga got it bad cause I'm brown.
And not the other color so police think
They have the authority to kill a minority.
Fuck that shit, 'cause I ain't the one
For a punk motherfucker with a badge and a gun
To be beating on, and thrown in jail.
We can go toe to toe in the middle of a cell.
- Ice Cube: [watching a crowd destroy their records] Ain't that some shit? Speak a little truth and people lose their minds.
- Eazy-E: See, the truth is, they can do whatever they want with them. They bought them motherfuckers.
- [NWA arrives back in L.A from the tour, Dre & Cube get off the bus]
- Dr. Dre: So Cube, we gonna keep this momentum going or what?
- Ice Cube: Nah, not like this. I'd rather be broke than to get fucked. I told you not to sign that shit, Dre.
- Dr. Dre: Nigga, I got bills to pay. And you know that! Plus you know I gotta put money in my mom's hand from when Tyree passed.
- Ice Cube: Yeah, I feel you. We gotta do what we gotta do. You they bread and butter, they're gonna take care of you.
- Dr. Dre: Cube, we ruthless.
- Ice Cube: We N.W.A. [looks at Eazy-E and Jerry] They Ruthless.
- [Jerry Heller pauses No Vaseline, a diss track made by Ice Cube, after hearing him being mentioned as a Jew]
- DJ Yella: That's shit's kinda funny.
- MC Ren: The motherfucker got us! Yo what we 'bout to do?
- Jerry Heller: First thing we're gonna do, we're gonna sue this ignorant fuck. That's what we're gonna do. Defamation of character, libel, I don't really care of that anti-Semitic piece of fucking shit, who the fuck does he think he is? Unfucking believable! That kind of fucking bullshit! Jew bashing bullshit! You know what, I'll call up my friends at the J.D.L. They'll handle him, we'll see how much he likes that.
- Eazy-E: Jerry, you gotta relax. Alright? Niggas don't even know what anti-Semitic means anyway, it's a fucking battle rap.
- Jerry Heller: C'mon, Eric, we gotta get organised. We gotta fight this kind of ignorant fucking bullshit. You know what? I always knew he was a hateful human being. This is just ignorant shit. He calls it political? This is ignorant shit! I always knew it. Now the whole world is gonna know. I'm gonna make sure of that, okay? I don't understand why the fuck you're not more angry about this? Did you hear what he said?
- Eazy-E: I heard what he said.
- Jerry Heller: DID YOU HEAR WHAT HE SAID?!
- Eazy-E: I heard what he said!
- Jerry Heller: About you? About me? Come on!
- Eazy-E: You got your way of dealing with it, I got mine. We could just go to the studio and just end his fucking career anyway.
- DJ Yella: I don't know about all that.
- Jerry Heller: Fine. You'll do that. You call Dre and you guys go do that! Do something.
- [Cube is annoyed by a reporter's insistence on discussing more controversial aspects of his career, while ignoring the recent Rodney King beating.]
- Ice Cube: But I get it. The bigger the story, the bigger the check in your field of work. I shouldn't blame you, it's not your fault. [Extends hand] What's your name?
- Reporter: Brian.
- [Cube retracts hand]
- Ice Cube: Eat a dick, Brian. Get the fuck out of my house. Y'all done here.
- Eazy-E: I liked Boyz n the Hood.
- Ice Cube: You called it an Afterschool Special.
- Eazy-E: I like Afterschool Specials.
- [Eric is upset that Jerry had embezzled money from him]
- Eazy-E: Here's what's about to happen. I'm gonna get N.W.A back together. And you ain't gonna have nothing to do with it this time.
- Jerry Heller: Why the fuck can you even say something like that? What the fuck is going on with you, man? I know what's good for you, I know what's good for Ruthless, and we have worked up a trust after years of hard work and that trust is our foundation, Eric. I don't give a shit.
- [Eric is coughing]
- Jerry Heller: [concerned] Eric? You look lousy man. Are you okay?
- Eazy-E: Trust? Trust is a motherfucker!
- Jerry Heller: Is it? May I ask you something? Eric, If what I'm doing is so illegal, how come I've never been sued? If I'm such a fucking thief, such a liar, such a motherfucker, how come nobody's ever come to collect? Because this is business. And this is how it works. And it's not always pretty, no. Do I cover my own ass? Do I cover my own end? Absolutely. But don't you dare fucking tell me that I have not taken care of you. Don't you fucking tell me that I've not had your back from day one! DAY ONE!
- Eazy-E: Is this taking care of me?
- Jerry Heller: Are you fucking kidding me? It's taking care of the whole fucking thing! It's business! And this is how it works. Have I covered my end? Do I cover my ass? Absolutely. But don't you dare fucking tell me that I have not taken care of you.
- Eazy-E: Is this business too?
- Jerry Heller: Yes, this is business, this is how fucked up it can get. But I didn't start this! I didn't fuck it up! You did!
- Eazy-E: No, you did. You're fired, Jerry.
- [Eazy-E is in a hospital after collapsing in a recording session]
- Doctor: Um--
- Tomica: Ain't you gonna say something? Is-- What is it, a respiratory infection, pneumonia, what?
- Doctor: Yes, well, um, it is those things and more, I'm afraid. We ran a full blood battery and, uh... I'm sorry, Mr. Wright, but, uh, you've tested positive for HIV.
- Eazy-E: [in disbelief] Get the fuck outta here.
- Tomica: W-W-What?
- Doctor: The normal T-cell count is anywhere between 500 and 1,500. Right now, your T-cell count is 14.
- [Tomica is shocked]
- Eazy-E: But I ain't no faggot.
- Doctor: Uh, Mr. Wright, actually, um, the virus can be transmitted in quite a few ways, including unprotected heterosexual sex.
- Eazy-E: I d-- That's wrong. You... you gotta test that over. That's-- N-- Test that again.
- Doctor: We've run the test five times, with five different samples, and the result remains the same.
- Tomica: [tearfully] Shit!
- Eazy-E: Tomica! [Tomica runs out of the room in tears] Tomica! But she's pregnant, Doc. What this mean?
- Doctor: It doesn't necessarily mean that she's contracted the virus, but, uh, we have to test her, to be sure.
- Eazy-E: So, what do we do? When...we start the the treatment? I mean, what-- I gotta get healthy. I got things to do. I got-- [the doctor sits next to Eazy-E] What-What are we supposed to do?
- Doctor: Mr. Wright, you need to understand...that you are very, very sick.
- Eazy-E: I don't even feel that bad, Doc. Don't tell me that. Don't tell me that!
- Doctor: With care, and palliative care, we can probably keep you comfortable for, uh, maybe six months, at the very most.
- Eazy-E: [on the verge of tears; voice breaking] "Comfortable"? What do you mean, "Comfortable"?
- Doctor: It's just a matter of time. Um, I, I am, I-I'm truly, truly sorry, Mr. Wright. [Eazy-E is about to cry] I-I-I'll leave you time to, um, process this.
- Eazy-E: Come on, Doc, come on, Doc, no. Doc. [the doctor leaves the room, leaving Eazy-E helpless as he cries] [voice breaking] Come on!
- [Last lines; Dr. Dre is leaving Death Row Records to form his own label, much to Suge Knight's chagrin.]
- Suge Knight: Whatcha gonna call that bullshit?
- Dr. Dre: Aftermath.
- O'Shea Jackson - Ice Cube
- Corey Hawkins - Dr. Dre
- Jason Mitchell - Eazy-E
- Aldis Hodge - MC Ren
- Neil Brown, Jr. - DJ Yella
- Paul Giamatti - Jerry Heller
- Marlon Yates Jr. - The D.O.C.
- Corey Reynolds - Alonzo Williams
- Tate Ellington - Bryan Turner
- Alexandra Shipp - Kimberly Woodruff
- Angela Elayne Gibbs - Doris Jackson
- Bruce Beatty - Hosea Jackson
- Lisa Renee Pitts - Verna Young
- Keith Stanfield - Snoop Dogg
- R. Marcos Taylor - Suge Knight
- Sheldon A. Smith - Warren G
- Carra Patterson - Tomica Woods
- Elena Goode - Nicole Threatt
- Keith Powers - Tyree Crayon
- Inny Clemons - Officer Rauch
- Mark Sherman - Jimmy Iovine
- Camryn Howard - DJ Speed
- Cleavon McClendon - Sir Jinx
- Rogelio Douglas, Jr. - Chuck D
- Steve Turner - Keith Shocklee
- Tyron Woodley - T-Bone
- LaDell Preston - Shorty
- Jordan Can - J-Dee
- J. Kristopher - Lay Law
- Stephanie Campbell - Charis Henry
- Marcc Rose - Tupac Shakur
- Brandon Lafourche - Arabian Prince