Supertramp is a progressive rock band, known for their work in the 1970s, which captured great critical acclaim, as well as great popularity with listeners.
- Nothing to show, for love has never been,
Nothing to show, for love has never been,
Nothing to show, for love has never been.
- Nothing to Show, lyrics by Richard Palmer-James
- Did your shadow ever speak to you?
And did he say that something's wrong?
Huddle figure on a lamp-let wall
Never realized he cared at all
Did he stop you going on?
- Shadow Song, lyrics by Richard Palmer-James
Indelibly Stamped (1971)
- Your poppa don't mind what you do or say.
You can't surprise him any more.
You don't believe in Heaven, like a good man should.
Your poppa don't mind at all.
- Your Poppa Don't Mind, lyrics by Rick Davies
- Oh but Rosie, a girl with a strange kind of humor,
Stupidly took in a rumor,
Making her think that she'd lost,
Double-crossed by a man who was dear,
Very near to her.
- Rosie Had Everything Planned, lyrics by Roger Hodgson
Crime of the Century (1974)
- Dreamer, you know you are a dreamer,
Well can you put your hands in your head? Oh no!
- Hide in your shell, cos the world is out to bleed you for a ride.
What can you gain making your life a little longer?
- Hide in Your Shell, lyrics by Roger Hodgson
Crisis? What Crisis? (1975)
- Well, if my thoughts had wings,
I'd be the bird that sings.
I'd fly where love isn't shy,
And everyone is willing to try.
- Easy Does It, lyrics by Roger Hodgson
- When I was a small boy,
Well, I could see the magic in a day,
But, now I'm just a poor boy.
Well, maybe it's the price you have to pay,
If you lock your dreams away.
If no-one wants to listen.
- Sister Moonshine, lyrics by Roger Hodgson
Even in the Quietest Moments... (1977)
- Give a little bit
Give a little bit of your love to me
I'll give a little bit
I'll give a little bit of my love to you
There's so much that we need to share
So send a smile and show you care
- Sometimes I slowly drift away
From all the dull routine that's with me every day
A fantasy will come to me
Guess I'll always have to be
Living in a fantasy
That's the way it's got to be
From now on
- From Now On, lyrics by Rick Davies
Breakfast in America (1979)
- I know that there's a reason why I need to be alone
You've shown me there's a silent place that I can call my own
Is it mine?
Oh Lord, is it mine?
- Lord Is It Mine, lyrics by Roger Hodgson
- It doesn't matter what I say
You never listen anyway
Just don't know what you're looking for
Imagination's all I have
But even then you say it's bad
Just don't see why we disagree
Casual conversations and how they bore me
- Casual Conversations, lyrics by Rick Davies
...Famous Last Words... (1982)
- Know who you are
There's a world wants to know you
Know where to go
There's a world wants to touch you
Feel all you can
Let your heart speak and guide you
Don't be afraid
Of the love deep inside you
- Know Who You Are, lyrics by Roger Hodgson
- Sometimes I wonder where my life is taking me
Sometimes I wonder what they all expect of me
Well there are days I can tell you quite honestly
I've seen myself hanging up in the monastery
'Cause all that I have is this music
Coming to me
And all that I have is this rhythm
Running through me
- C'est le Bon, lyrics by Roger Hodgson