Survival of the Dead
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed and written by George A. Romero.
Survival isn't just for the living. (taglines)
Sarge 'Nicotine' Crocket
- Last time anyone counted, fifty-three million people were dying every year, a hundred-fifty thousand every day, a hundred and seven every minute, and that was in normal times.
- In an us-versus-them world, someone puts up a flag, another person tears it down and puts up his own. Pretty soon no one remembers what started the war in the first place and the fighting becomes all about those stupid flags.
- Boy: She is really a babe, huh?
- Sarge 'Nicotine' Crocket: You're too young. I'm too old. She's got issues, kid.
- Boy: We'll see.
- Boy: In this armored truck? You just want the money.
- Sarge 'Nicotine' Crocket: I've never been about money, okay? I've always been about staying alive and this tank gives us a shot at staying alive.
- Kenny: This truck may be our savior, but it won't drive on water.
- Survival isn't just for the living.
- The idea was to make a film about war or entities that don’t die, conflicts, disagreements that people can’t resolve, whether its Ireland, or the Middle East, or the Senate… that was the idea. And then I decided that was the best way to depict it. And then I had this other idea about an island would be a logical place for people to go, an idea I sort of played with in some of the other films. So I said OK, the best way to tell this story I think is to have a protagonist go to the island only to find out that it’s in the middle of basically a war that won’t die, between these two old guys.
- George A. Romero, BD Sits Down With Zombie Maestro George A. Romero! (May 14, 2010).
- Alan van Sprang — Sarge "Nicotine" Crockett
- Kenneth Welsh — Patrick O'Flynn
- Kathleen Munroe — Janet O'Flynn/Jane O'Flynn
- Devon Bostick — Boy
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|