(Redirected from Survive)
Quotes regarding survival.
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- After all, it has yet to be proved that intelligence has real survival value.
- Arthur C. Clarke, The Lost Worlds of 2001
- There walked a lonely man, silent, mute, the only man
- Not knowing how, not knowing why was he the sole survivor
- Why should he be alive, breathing still while others died
- And the only question, why was he the sole survivor?
- Blue Oyster Cult, Sole Survivor, Fire of unknown origin, lyrics by Erik Bloom, John Trivers, and Liz Myers
- Most people, it seems, think that Robinson Crusoe, when he landed on his Island, had nothing to keep him from starvation or anything else. As a matter of fact, he had twelve raft loads of supplies that he took off the wrecked ship. He had as much food and furniture as if he had had a delicatessen store and Fifth Avenue outside his hut.
- Only those who desire to live survive.
- Misato Katsuragi, Neon Genesis Evangelion ep. 24, written by Hideaki Anno, Akio Satsukawa
- Humanity will ever seek but never attain perfection. Let us at least survive and go on trying.
- Dora Russell, in The Religion of the Machine Age (1983)
- What doesn't kill you makes you stranger.
- The survival of the fittest.
- Herbert Spencer, Principles of Biology, III, ch.12 p. 165
- Hello, Mr. Hindle... or, as they called you around the hospital, Zep. I want you to make a choice. There's a slow-acting poison coursing through your system, which only I have the antidote for. Will you murder a mother and her child to save yourself? Listen carefully, if you will; there are rules.
- Congratulations. You are still alive. Most people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore.
- Jigsaw Saw (2004 film) screenplay by Leigh Whannell