(Redirected from Survives)
- Misato: Only those who desire to live survive.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion ep. 24, written by Hideaki Anno, Akio Satsukawa
- Asuka: [repeatedly] I don't want to die, I don't want to die, I don't want to die... [Asuka's mantra becomes louder until she finally screams it over an image of her rotting corpse]
- Neon Genesis Evangelion End of Evangelion written by Hideaki Anno
- John: How much blood will you shed to stay alive?
- Darren Lynn Bousman and Leigh Whannell; Saw II
- Real survivalists don’t run off into the woods; they stay and work to prevent disaster.
- After all, it has yet to be proved that intelligence has real survival value.
- Arthur C. Clarke, The Lost Worlds of 2001
- There walked a lonely man, silent, mute, the only man
- Not knowing how, not knowing why was he the sole survivor
- Why should he be alive, breathing still while others died
- And the only question, why was he the sole survivor?
- * Blue Oyster Cult, Sole Survivor, Fire of unknown origin, lyrics by Erik Bloom, John Trivers, and Liz Myers
- Most people, it seems, think that Robinson Crusoe, when he landed on his Island, had nothing to keep him from starvation or anything else. As a matter of fact, he had twelve raft loads of supplies that he took off the wrecked ship. He had as much food and furniture as if he had had a delicatessen store and Fifth Avenue outside his hut.
- Learning is not compulsory; it's voluntary. Improvement is not compulsory; it's voluntary. But to survive, we must learn.
- Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
- John F. Kennedy. This is one of seven quotes inscribed on the walls at the gravesite of John F. Kennedy at Arlington National Cemetery.
- What doesn't kill you makes you stranger.
- Humanity will ever seek but never attain perfection. Let us at least survive and go on trying.
- Dora Russell, in The Religion of the Machine Age (1983)
- If survival calls for the bearing of arms, bear them you must. But the most important part of the challenge is for you to find another means that does not come with the killing of your fellow man.
- Rod Serling, speech at Binghamton Community High School (1968)
- The survival of the fittest.
- Herbert Spencer, Principles of Biology, III, ch.12 p. 165
- Hello, Mr. Hindle... or, as they called you around the hospital, Zep. I want you to make a choice. There's a slow-acting poison coursing through your system, which only I have the antidote for. Will you murder a mother and her child to save yourself? Listen carefully, if you will; there are rules.
- Congratulations. You are still alive. Most people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore.
- Jigsaw Saw (2004 film) screenplay by Leigh Whannell