Jump to navigation Jump to search
T2 Trainspotting is a 2017 British comedy drama film, set in and around Edinburgh, Scotland, in which after 20 years abroad, Mark Renton returns to Scotland and reunites with his old friends Sick Boy, Spud, and Begbie.
- Directed by Danny Boyle. Written by John Hodge, based on characters created by Irvine Welsh in his novel Trainspotting and its follow-up Porno.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- "Choose life" was a well-meaning slogan from a 1980s anti-drug campaign. And we used to add things to it. So I might say, for example, choose... Designer lingerie in the vain hope of kicking some life back into a dead relationship. Choose handbags. Choose high-heeled shoes. Cashmere and silk to make yourself feel what passes for happy. Choose an iPhone made in China by a woman who jumped out of a window, and stick it in the pocket of your jacket fresh from a South Asian firetrap. Choose Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram and a thousand other ways to spew your bile across people you've never met. Choose updating your profile. Tell the world what you had for breakfast and hope that someone, somewhere cares. Choose looking up old flames, desperate to believe that you don't look as bad as they do. Choose live-blogging from your first wank to your last breath. Human interaction reduced to nothing more than data. Choose ten things you never knew about celebrities who'd had surgery. Choose screaming about abortion. Choose rape jokes, slut shaming, revenge porn, and an endless tide of depressing misogyny. Choose 9/11 never happened, and if it did, it was the Jews. Choose a zero-hour contract and a two-hour journey to work, and choose the same for your kids, only worse. And maybe tell yourself it's better that they never happened. And then sit back and smother the pain with an unknown dose of an unknown drug made in somebody's fucking kitchen. Choose unfulfilled promise and wishing you'd done it all differently. Choose never learning from your own mistakes. Choose watching history repeat itself. Choose the slow reconciliation towards what you can get rather than what you always hoped for. Settle for less and keep a brave face on it. Choose disappointment. And choose losing the ones you loved. And as they fall from view, a piece of you dies with them. Until you can see that one day in the future, piece by piece, they will all be gone. And there'll be nothing left of you to call alive or dead. Choose your future, Veronika. Choose life.
Daniel "Spud" Murphy
- [Renton has just saved Spud from asphyxiating] You ruined my life, and now you're ruining my fucking death too!
- Ewan McGregor - Mark "Rent Boy" Renton
- Hamish Haggerty - young Renton
- Ben Skelton - 9-year-old Renton
- Connor McIndoe - 20-year-old Renton
- Ewen Bremner - Daniel "Spud" Murphy
- Aiden Haggarty - 9-year-old Spud
- John Bell - 20-year-old Spud
- Jonny Lee Miller - Simon "Sick Boy" Williamson
- Logan Gillies - 9-year-old Simon
- James McElvar - 20-year-old Simon
- Robert Carlyle - Francis "Franco" Begbie
- Daniel Jackson - young Begbie
- Daniel Smith - 9-year-old Begbie
- Christopher Mullen - 20-year-old Begbie
- Kevin McKidd - Tommy MacKenzie
- Elijah Wolf - 9-year-old Tommy
- Michael Shaw - 20-year-old Tommy
- Kyle Fitzpatrick - Fergus
- Charlie Hardie - 9-year-old Fergus
- Elek Kish - Dozo
- Bradley Welsh - Mr. Doyle
- Kelly Macdonald - Diane Coulston
- Anjela Nedyalkova - Veronika Kovach
- Pauline Lynch - Lizzy
- James Cosmo - Mr Renton
- Eileen Nicholas - Mrs. Renton
- Shirley Henderson - Gail Houston
- Irvine Welsh - Mikey Forrester
- Simon Weir - Jailhoose
- Steven Robertson - Stoddart
- Scot Greenan - Frank Jr.