Take This Waltz
Take This Waltz is a 2011 film comedy-drama film that centers on Margot, a 28-year-old freelance writer as she struggles with and examines her feelings for Lou, her husband of five years, while exploring a new relationship with Daniel, an artist and rickshaw driver who lives across the street.
- Sometimes I'm... walking along the street and a shaft of sunlight falls in a certain way across the pavement and I just wanna cry. And then a second later, it's over. I decide because I'm an adult, to not succumb to the momentary melancholy; and I thought that sometimes with Tony, she just had a moment like that. A moment of not known how or why, and she just let herself go into and there was nothing anyone could do to make it any better. It was just her and the fact of being alive, colliding.
- You seem restless, in a kind of permanent way.
- Life has a gap in it. It just does. You don't go crazy trying to fill it like some lunatic.
- Margot: I'm afraid of being afraid.
- Daniel: That sounds like the most dangerous thing in the world.
- Lou: Maybe you should take a shower. It'll make you feel better.
- Margot: I don't want to take a shower.
- Lou: Just do me a favor, ok?
- [in the shower, Lou splashes cold water on her]
- Margot: You?
- Lou: Yeah.
- Margot: Every — ?
- Lou: Every day.
- Margot: There's no —
- Lou: There's no problem with the water. There's nothing to get fixed. I thought when we're 80, I'll tell Margot I've been doing this her whole life, and it'll make her laugh. As kind of a long term joke
- Michelle Williams - Margot
- Seth Rogen - Lou Rubin
- Sarah Silverman - Geraldine
- Luke Kirby - Daniel
- Aaron Abrams - Aaron Rubin
- Jennifer Podemski - Karen