Jump to navigation Jump to search
- There is a limit to the amount of misery and disarray you will put up with, for love, just as there is a limit to the amount of mess you can stand around a house. You can't know the limit beforehand, but you will know when you've reached it. I believe this.
- Never underestimate the meanness in people's souls... Even when they're being kind... especially when they're being kind.
- Why is it a surprise to find that people other than ourselves are able to tell lies?
- Moments of kindness and reconciliation are worth having, even if the parting has to come sooner or later.
- The constant happiness is curiosity.
- Life would be grand if it weren't for the people.
- As soon as a man and woman of almost any age are alone together within four walls it is assumed that anything may happen. Spontaneous combustion, instant fornication, triumph of the senses. What possibilities men and women must see in each other to infer such dangers. Or, believing in the dangers, how often they must think about the possibilities.