- A man devoted to the daily study of war on several continents with all the ardour of a certified public accountant.
- About George Marshall
- One hundred years after the declaration that all men are created equal, there began to gather in Newport a colony of the rich, determined to show that some Americans were conspicuously more equal than others.
- About Newport, Rhode Island (RI)
- Three words which show that the Roman emperors' orgy is now a democratic institution; topless, pizza, lunch.
- In the best of times, our days are numbered anyway. And so it would be a crime against nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that we would put off doing those things for which we were intended for in the first place, the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to hit a ball and to bounce a baby.
- He was only at his best when times were good.
- About King Edward VIII