I think that your work is amazing!
The source of the "Catalogue of an exhibition of his art in Stockholm, Sweden (1968)" is curious. This exhibition included a bunch of "fake" Andy Warhol Brillo boxes. Doesn't this call the source of the quote into question? --Lefou23 03:01, 27 February 2008 (UTC) --18.104.22.168 11:34, 14 March 2008 (UTC) bababababaa
I think that the "15 minutes of fame" quote is wrong. According to the trivia book This Book, what he actually said was, "In the future, there won't be any more stars. TV will be so accessible that everybody will be a star for 15 minutes." 22.214.171.124 16:54, 2 August 2008 (UTC)
- The idea is not to live forever, it is to create something that will.
- you take some chocolate ... and you take two pieces of bread ... and you put the candy in the middle and you make a sandwich of it. and that would be a cake.
- An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have but that he, for some reason, thinks it would be a good idea to give them.
- Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches.
- During the 1960s, I think, people forgot what emotions were supposed to be. And I don't think they've ever remembered.
- Dying is the most embarrassing thing that can ever happen to you, because someone's got to take care of all your details.
- Employees make the best dates. You don't have to pick them up and they're always tax-deductible.
- I always wished I had died, and I still wish that, because I could have gotten the whole thing over with.
- I am a deeply superficial person.
- I believe in low lights and trick mirrors.
- I have Social Disease. I have to go out every night. If I stay home one night I start spreading rumors to my dogs.
- I keep reading about this, erm, Indian guy that turns out like three or four thousand pictures a minute...or maybe it's a day.
- I had a lot of dates but I decided to stay home and dye my eyebrows.
- I just think any picture you take is a good picture.
- I like boring things.
- I love Los Angeles. I love Hollywood. They're beautiful. Everybody's plastic, but I love plastic. I want to be plastic.
- I met someone on the street who said wasn't it great that we're going to have a movie star for president, that it was so Pop, and (laughs) when you think about it like that, it is great, it's so American.
- I never think that people die. They just go to department stores.
- I never read. I just look at pictures.
- I never understood why when you died, you didn't just vanish, everything could just keep going on the way it was only you just wouldn't be there. I always thought I'd like my own tombstone to be blank. No epitaph, and no name. Well, actually, I'd like it to say "figment".
- I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want to own.
- I think it would be so great if more people took up silk screening,so that no one would know whether my picture was mine or somebody else.
- I went to China, I didn't want to go, and I went to see the Great Wall. You know, you read about it for years. And actually it was great. It was really, really, really great.
- I'd asked around 10 or 15 people for suggestions. Finally one lady friend asked the right question, "Well, what do you love most?" That's how I started painting money.
- I'll endorse with my name any of the following; clothing AC-DC, cigarettes, small tapes, sound equipment, ROCK N' ROLL RECORDS, anything, film, and film equipment, Food, Helium, Whips, MONEY!!
- I'm afraid that if you look at a thing long enough, it loses all of its meaning.
- I'm the type who'd be happy not going anywhere as long as I was sure I knew exactly what was happening at the places I wasn't going to. I'm the type who'd like to sit home and watch every party that I'm invited to on a monitor in my bedroom.
- I've decided something: Commercial things really do stink. As soon as it becomes commercial for a mass market it really stinks.
- If you want to know all about Andy Warhol, just look at the surface of my paintings and films and me, and there I am. There's nothing behind it.
- Isn't life just a series of images that change as they repeat themselves?
- It doesn't matter if it displays Mona Lisa, a Banana or Hans Rittman's glasses - the fact is it must be pop!
- It's the movies that have really been running things in America ever since they were invented. They show you what to do, how to do it, when to do it, how to feel about it, and how to look how you feel about it.
- People should fall in love with their eyes closed. Just close your eyes. Don't look and it's magic.
- Making money is art and working is art and good business is the best art.
- My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person.
- People are only glamorous if you don't see them. Like the movies used to make people years ago. There is something about people on screen that makes them so special; when you see them in person, they are so different and the whole illusion is gone.
- The most exciting attractions are between two opposites that never meet.
- When I got my first television set, I stopped caring so much about having close relationships.
- Why do people think artists are special? It's just another job.
- Art is what you can get away with.
- I don't know where the artificial stops and the real starts.