Men are always like animals once you get there food they will leave you alone.
- Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.
- We should venture on the study of every kind of animal without distaste; for each and all will reveal to us something natural and something beautiful.
- Man perfected by society is the best of all animals; he is the most terrible of all when he lives without law, and without justice.
- The very fact that the jaguar can become extinct while the Pekingese survives indicates to me that someone hasn't thought this thing through.
- If an animal does something, we call it instinct; if we do the same thing for the same reason, we call it intelligence.
- The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
- I bought myself a parrot. The parrot talked. But it did not say, "I'm hungry,"... so it died. ~ Mitch Hedberg
- Dogs are forever in the push-up position.
- I'd hate to be a giraffe with a sore throat. ~ Mitch Hedberg
- Hot dogs: feeding the hand that bites it.
- Laurence J. Peter, paraphrased
- We hope that, when insects take over the world, they will remember with gratitude how we took them along on our picnics.
- Bill Vaughan
- A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
- A heedless dog will not do for the chase.
- A lurking dog does not lie in the hyena's lair.
- A zebra is a light-colored animal with dark stripes, not a dark one with light stripes. — American Museum of Natural History
- Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
- He who can not move an ant, and yet tries to move an elephant, shall find out his folly.
- He who goes with the wolf will learn to howl.
- His bark is worse than his bite.
- If the dog is not at home, he barks not.
- If the fly flies, the frog goes not supperless to bed.
- If you think dogs can't count, try keeping three cookies in your pocket, and giving your dog only 2.
- It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats.
- The butterfly that brushes against thorns will tear its wings.
- The elephant does not find his trunk heavy.
- Were no elephant in the jungle, the buffalo would be a great animal.
- When the fox dies, fowls do not mourn.
- When the goat goes abroad, the sheep must run.
- When the rat laughs at the cat, there is a hole. The rat has not power to call the cat to account. The rat does not go to sleep in the cat's bed.
- A perro flaco, todos son pulgas.
- To a skinny dog, all are fleas.
- En boca cerrada no entran moscas.
- A closed mouth gathers no flies.
- Gato escaldado del agua fría huye.
- The cat that has been scalded flees from cold water.
- Más vale pájaro en mano que ciento volando.
- A bird in the hand is better than a hundred flying birds.
- Perro ladrador, poco mordedor.
- A barking dog doesn't bite much.
- Ser como el perro del hortelano, que ni come las berzas, ni las deja comer al amo.
- To be like the gardener's dog, who doesn't eat the cabbages, nor lets the master eat them.
- Si quieres el perro, acepta las pulgas.
- If you want the dog, accept the fleas.