Jump to navigation Jump to search
- I'm an ice queen, I’m the Sun King, I’m an alien fleeing from District 9 and I’m a dominatrix. So I reckon that makes me a lukewarm royalty with a whip from outer space.
Quotes about Wintour (unsourced)
- She would go to the opening of an envelope.
- Lasky on Wintour's days on the nightlife circuit in Swinging London; quoted by Oppenheimer at 51
- At some stage in her career, Anna Wintour stopped being Anna Wintour and became "Anna Wintour", at which point, like wings of a stately home, she closed off large sections of her personality to the public.
- Anna's not someone who takes you in hand. It's more she throws you in the water and you'll either sink or swim.
- Laurie Schechter, a former assistant; Oppenheimer at 192.
- [Her] unwavering ability to look as if she lives within the pages of her magazine has a sort of honesty to it, proof that, whatever one thinks about it, the lifestyle peddled by Vogue is at least physically possible.