Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Life is here only to be lived so that we can, through life, earn the right to death, which to me is paradise. Whatever it is that will bring me the reward of paradise, I'll do the best I can.
- The best way to get most husbands to do something is to suggest that perhaps they're too old to do it.
- The studios wanted to give me the Monroe-type sex buildup. I wanted to develop my acting, not my body.
- When Mel told his Jewish mother he was marrying an Italian girl, she said: "Bring her over. I'll be in the kitchen— with my head in the oven".
Quotes of others about Bancroft
- What I learned from her, really, was having a sense of humour and knowing how important laughter was.
- She was one of the most alive people I ever met — such exuberance — and she had this laugh in her that filled her from head to toe.
- More happens in her face in 10 seconds than happens in most women's faces in 10 years.
- You don't marry Mel Brooks, if you don't have a sense of humor.
- Arthur Penn