Jump to navigation Jump to search
- I have lived in a flurry of images, but I will go out in a freeze frame.
- I’ve never done a painting or sculpture for money--I do it for me.
- I don't think you can teach people how to paint—it has to be born inside of you.
- With art I give credit to my forefathers of Mexico.
- In Europe an actor is an artist. In Hollywood, if he isn't working, he's a bum.
- I'm an artist who acts.
- I never get the girl. I wind up with a country instead.
- It’s sad that most of us live our lives trying to play safe, taking few risks. As children, we are used to constant challenges from other kids—the games of “I dare you” that forces us to find courage to expand our world. But as we get older, fewer and fewer know how to turn the game into a way of life. This knowledge is the key to daring on the highest human level—an artistic level.
- I’ve never gone anywhere as a tourist. I go to work in places…I go to a place and I try to become a part of that Nation.