Jump to navigation Jump to search
The bold and Unbold are inconsistent. Let us make it the same throughout.
- Young men, hear an old man to whom old men hearkened when he was young.
- Practice, the master of all things.
- Hasten deliberately.
- Variant: Make haste slowly.
- You cheer my heart, who build as if Rome would be eternal.
- Nothing common can seem worthy of you.
- Said of Julius Caesar
- Two Caesars is one too many.
- If Agrippa and Maecenas had been alive, they never would have allowed it.
- Said after having lost his temper during a meeting of the Senate
- The birds will soon settle that question
- Said after a request was made by a father and son to have an honorable burial