Jump to navigation Jump to search
Should this page be trimmed or we leave it with to many copyright quotes?(StarWarsFanBoy 20:26, 16 January 2010 (UTC))
- When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.
- No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings.
- The way I see it, you can either work for a living or you can fly airplanes. Me, I'd rather fly.
- Pilots are a rare kind of human. They leave the ordinary surface of the word, to purify their soul in the sky, and they come down to earth, only after receiving the communion of the infinite.
- José Maria Velasco Ibarra, President of Ecuador.
- If God had intended us to fly, He would have given us wings.
- Anonymous proverb. Note that many humorous variations have been made from this, replacing the second half of the sentence with things such as, "He would have given us more money" or "He would have bought us the tickets" or in the quixotic commentery of Michael Flanders, "he would never have given us railways".
- If God had intended us to fly, he wouldn't have invented Spanish air traffic control.
- Dave Lister, Red Dwarf
- Any landing that you can walk away from is a good one!
- Flying may not be all plain sailing, but the fun of it is worth the price.
- To invent an airplane is nothing. To build an airplane is something. But to fly ... is everything.
- I didn't crash the plane. I simply relocated the aircraft with extreme prejudice, after a complete loss of lift and thrust functions!
- H.M. "Howlin' Mad" Murdoc, The A-Team
- It's not the flying I have a problem with. It's smashing into the ground that I have a problem with.
- A good landing is any landing you can walk away from. A great landing is one where they can re-use the plane.
- First Officer Douglas Richardson, Cabin Pressure