- During Double Indemnity, Fred MacMurray would go to rushes. I remember asking Fred, 'How was I?' 'I don't know about you - but I was wonderful!' Such a true remark. Actors only look at themselves.
- Eyes are the greatest tool in film. Mr. Capra taught me that. Sure it's nice to say very good dialogue, if you can get it. But great movie acting - watch the eyes!
- Put me in the last 15 minutes of a picture and I don't care what happened before. I don't even care if I was IN the rest of the damned thing - I'll take it in those 15 minutes.
- My only problem is finding a way to play my 40th fallen female in a different way from my 39th.
- Its perhaps not the future I would choose. I still think it's possible to make a success of both marriage and career even though I didn't. But its not a bad future. And I'm not afraid of it.
- I couldn't remember my name for weeks. I'd be at the theatre and hear them calling 'Miss Stanwyck, Miss Stanwyck,' and I'd think 'Where is that dame? Why doesn't she answer? By crickie, it's me!
- Egotism - usually just a case of mistaken nonentity.
- There's nothing more fun in the whole world than seeing a child open a present at Christmas. To have a six-year-old boy stroke a bicycle with his eyes and, not daring to touch, turn and ask, 'is it mine, Missy? Really mine' That's part of my future. The rest is work. And, I hope, some wisdom.