Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A society in which ordinary citizens have a reasonable assurance of maintaining a decent life would be one that guarantees not just health care but a minimum income, too.
- Paul Krugman (2013)
- It is a right, and not a charity, that I am pleading for, which is, [to pay a sum] to every person, as a compensation for the loss of his or her natural inheritance, by the introduction of the system of landed property.
- Thomas Paine (1797)
- The only effective way to ensure those permanently displaced by machinery the benefits of increased productivity is to provide some kind of government-guaranteed income.
- Jeremy Rifkin (1995)
- True individual freedom cannot exist without economic security and independence. "Necessitous men are not free men."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt (1944)
- A certain small income, sufficient for necessaries, should be secured to all, whether they work or not.
- Bertrand Russell (1918)