Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Aging is not "lost youth" but a new stage of opportunity and strength. Friedan, B. (1994, March 20). How to live longer, better, wiser. Parade Magazine, p. 4-6.
- If divorce has increased by one thousand percent, don't blame the women's movement. Blame the obsolete sex roles on which our marriages were based.
- No woman gets an orgasm from shining the kitchen floor.
- The only kind of work which permits an able woman to realize her abilities fully, to achieve identity in society in a life plan that can encompass marriage and motherhood, is the kind that was forbidden by the feminine mystique, the lifelong commitment to an art or science, to politics or profession.
- When she stopped conforming to the conventional picture of femininity she finally began to enjoy being a woman.