Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Idleness, then, is so far from being the root of all evil that it is rather the true good. Boredom is the root of evil; it is that which must be held off.
- A subject for a great poet would be God's boredom after the seventh day of creation.
- Boredom is just the reverse side of fascination: both depend on being outside rather than inside a situation, and one leads to the other.
- Boredom is the legitimate kingdom of the philanthropic.
- Boredom is the root of all evil—the despairing refusal to be oneself.
- Perhaps the world's second worst crime is boredom. The first is being a bore.
- The chief product of an automated society is a widespread and deepening sense of boredom.
- The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.
- Widely attributed to Dorothy Parker and to Ellen Parr, but the origin is unknown.
- The life of the creative man is led, directed and controlled by boredom. Avoiding boredom is one of our most important purposes.
- The two enemies of human happiness are pain and boredom.
- Your true traveller finds boredom agreeable rather than painful. It is the symbol of his liberty—his excessive freedom. He accepts his boredom, when it comes, not merely philosophically, but almost with pleasure.
- The cure for boredom is a good book.
- T. Mike Runger
- Boredom is a state of mind.
- Hisham Thainat