Jump to navigation Jump to search
- If you can provide a precise and verifiable source for any quote on this list please move it to Boyle Roche.
- Mr Speaker, I smell a rat; I see him forming in the air and darkening the sky; but I'll nip him in the bud.
- I concluded from the beginning that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over yet.
- As I write these words, I am holding a rapier in one hand and a pistol in the other.
- The only thing to prevent what's past is to put a stop to it before it happens.
- At present there are such goings-on that everything is at a standstill.
- At the end of a letter: P.S. If you do not receive this, of course it must have been miscarried; therefore I beg you to write and let me know.
- I told you to make one longer than another, and instead you have made one shorter than the other - the opposite.
- Half of the lies our opponents tell about us are not true.
- All along the untrodden paths of the future, I can see the footprints of an unseen hand.
- On a scene of great poverty: Little children who could neither walk nor talk were running about in the streets cursing their Maker.
- The cup of Ireland's miseries has been overflowing for centuries, and is not yet full.
- Their heads at present are hot, and will so remain till they grow cool again.
- We should silence anyone who opposes the right to freedom of speech.
- Disappointment is the nurse of wisdom.