188.8.131.52 00:10, 28 December 2008 (UTC)All are great quotes, except for the top one. The only time I have ever seen all-capitalized letters in the Journal of Discourses is this one isolated quote, and since it contradicts the (in claiming that God IS Adam, rather than just a great leading prophet) we are led to question whether the scribes records had personal bias mixed in that quotation. The content and details of the quote evidence it was transcribed from tainted memory and not on location. Will D184.108.40.206 00:10, 28 December 2008 (UTC)
- He who is offended when offense is not intended is a fool; he who is offended when offense is intended is a greater fool. (Unverified)
- A good man, is a good man, whether in this church, or out of it.
- Any young man who is unmarried at the age of twenty seven is a menace to the community.
- I don't care about my character here on earth.I don't care about what other people think or say about me, all I care about is my standing before the Lord.
- I never cared but for one thing, and that is, simply to know that I am right before my Father in Heaven. If I am this moment, this day doing the things God requires of my hands, and precisely where my Father in Heaven wants me to be, I care no more about tomorrow than though it would never come.
- I want to live perfectly above the law, and make it my servant instead of my master.
- If I had a choice of educating my daughters or my sons because of opportunity constraints, I would choose to educate my daughters.
- It is wise for us to forget our troubles, there are always new ones to replace them.
- There is no knowledge, no light, no wisdom that you are in possession of, but what you have received it from some source.
- Zachary Taylor is dead, and in hell. And I am glad of it.
- Sometime after President Taylor's death (July 9, 1850). Another version is "We have just received word that Zachary Taylor is dead and has gone to hell" - believed to have been part of an address to an LDS congregation.
- If you want to know what to do with a thief that you may find stealing, I say kill him on the spot, and never suffer him to commit another iniquity. That is what I expect I shall do, though never, in the days of my life, have I hurt a man with the palm of my hand. I never have hurt any person any other way except with this unruly member, my tongue.
- It is enough. This is the right place. Drive on.
Removed spurious quotes from publications speaking about the subject Brigham Young. This page is for quotations that can be sourced on good authority spoken by the individual and not from quotes from other individuals regarding the subject matter.