Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Captain Beefheart.
- If you want to be a different fish, you gotta jump out of the school.
- We're all colored, or you wouldn't be able to see anyone.
- I don't want to sell my music. I'd like to give it away because where I got it, you didn't have to pay for it.
- Van Gogh made paintings so beautiful, that when I got out of the museum, I said: 'The sun disappoints me.'
- War is a pimple on the Pope's pet dragon.
- When asked by interviewer Bob Harris what kind of 'format' he worked to, he replied, "Format? Format? I ain't got no format. I ain't even got no doormat!"
- "I'm not a rock, I'm a soft person" (when asked what i was like being a rock star).