Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Carrie Fisher.
- When someone told her "You're the only girl who I know who compliments herself" she replied "I think it's sweet that I do it, though"
- Reported by her in an interview on NPR's Day to Day
- As you get older, the pickings get slimmer, but the people don't. [See her 1991 interview of Madonna]
- I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.
- Also attributed to Ernst Fischer
- I think of my body as a side effect of my mind. Like a thought I had once that manifested itself — Oops! Oh no! Manifested. Look at this. Now we have to buy clothes and everything.
- I want to find myself before somebody bigger does.
- I'm having my DNA fumigated.
- Maturity: A stoic response to endless reality.
- You can't find any true closeness in Hollywood because everybody does the fake closeness so well.
- Donald Trump will never be president in my lifetime