I think the 'unsourced' quote "I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art." is actually a much older quote by an Austrian writer named Ernst Fischer... not Carrie Fisher.
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Carrie Fisher.
- When someone told her "You're the only girl who I know who compliments herself" she replied "I think it's sweet that I do it, though"
- Reported by her in an interview on NPR's Day to Day
- As you get older, the pickings get slimmer, but the people don't.
- I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.
- I think of my body as a side effect of my mind. Like a thought I had once that manifested itself — Oops! Oh no! Manifested. Look at this. Now we have to buy clothes and everything.
- I want to find myself before somebody bigger does.
- I'm having my DNA fumigated.
- Maturity: A stoic response to endless reality.
- You can't find any true closeness in Hollywood because everybody does the fake closeness so well.