Talk:Catherine II of Russia
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable, precise and verifiable source for any quote on this list please move it to Catherine II of Russia. --Antiquary 18:39, 25 May 2009 (UTC)
- I am one of the people who love the why of things.
- I beg you take courage; the brave soul can mend even disaster.
- Me, I shall be an autocrat: that is my trade; and The Good God will forgive me: that is His.
- Moi, je serai autocrate: c'est mon metier; Et le Bon Dieu me pardonnnera: c'est son metier.
- If Russians knew how to read, they would write me off
- In my position you have to read when you want to write and to talk when you would like to read.
- Men make love more intensely at 20, but make love better, however, at 30.