Barkley did not say 'Poor people have been voting for Democrats for the last fifty years... and they are still poor." as attributed to Charles Barkley in Walter W. Moore's Wise Sayings (2012), p. 89 The actual quote is in the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4pDSRWfm-c at about 18:11 "Black people have been voting for Democratic for their whole life and they're still poor."
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable, precise and verifiable source for any quote on this list please move it to Charles Barkley. --Antiquary 17:47, 16 September 2009 (UTC)
- (Responding to a reporter's question) Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. Some just stink more than others.
- (When asked how many three pointers he made in his career) Now why the hell would I know that?
- I ain't never seen cranberry juice without vodka in it.
- It's called survival of the fittest. If you can't slam with the best, jam with the rest.
- I love New York City; I've got a gun.
- I don't care what people think. People are stupid.
- I figure if I kill the first one, word will get out. (on how he plans to handle his daughter being old enough to date)
- Do I have a gambling problem? I do have a gambling problem, but it's not really a problem because I can afford to gamble.
- If you go out with a girl and they say she has a great personality, she's ugly. If they tell you a guy works hard, he can't play a lick. Same thing.
- All I know is, as long as I led the Southeastern Conference in scoring, my grades would be fine. (regarding maintaining his GPA while at Auburn)
- This is my schedule: I wake up in the morning, decide where to play golf and drink beer all day
- Bunch of high school kids with $70 million contracts. Damn! I hate my mother for having me too soon! (on the influx of high-schoolers into the NBA)
- I'm still trying to get my grandmother off her old behind and into the Olympics. Why not? She can dust. (on the sport of curling)
- (To Kenny Smith when he arrived late) When we say "Be on at 7 o'clock," that don't mean black-folk time.
- Almost all those politicians took money from Enron, and there they are holding hearings. That's like O.J. Simpson getting in the Rae Carruth jury pool.
- It's kinda great to see the Celtics doin well again 'cause that was so much fun in my day to go to the Boston Garden and they spit at you and throw things at you and talk about your mom. It sounds like dinner at Kenny Smith's house.
- I heard Tonya Harding is calling herself the Charles Barkley of figure skating. I was going to sue her for defamation of character, but then I realized I have no character.
- These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it.
- (Charles in response to Kenny Smith's jokes about his weight) I am not fat, it's the camera, it puts on 10 pounds. (Kenny Smith) Well, there must be a whole lot of cameras!
- Sports are not for old guys, this ain't baseball.
- I voice my opinion, if people don't like it they know what they can kiss.
- I don't use numbers, I use logic.
- People always ask me if I had any regrets in my career, remember when I threw that guy out the window, I regret I was on the first floor""
- That's wronger than ketchup on pancakes.
- If you are afraid of failure you don't deserve to be successful! (NBA 100 Greatest Moments)
- (On a Nate Robinson during the 2006 NBA Dunk Contest) I like him, because everything he does he does is symbolism. Like I can come up behind you and slap you upside the head, or I can come up on you with an altoid... I'm not that drunk. Just playing, I haven't been drinking.
- You a knucklehead. (an insult he used frequently)
- I don't care what you call it, any sport you have to wear a helmet for is not damn safe. (Referring to a new trick invented by Tony Hawk in the X Games).
- And that's way I don't eat shrimp(Refering to a T-Moble commercial).
- (Refering to the upcoming Celtics/Cavs playoff series)Kevin Garnett is going to have to cover LeBron James. (Kenny Smith asks why Paul Pierce can't cover LeBron) Nope, not strong enough!