Talk:Charles Dudley Warner
- Goodness comes out of people who bask in the sun, as it does out of a sweet apple roasted before the fire.
- Happy is said to be the family which can eat onions together. They are, for the time being, separate, from the world, and have a harmony of aspiration.
- I am convinced that the majority of people would be generous from selfish motives, if they had the opportunity.
- One of the best things in the world to be is a boy; it requires no experience, but needs some practice to be a good one.
- People always overdo the matter when they attempt deception.
- Regrets are idle; yet history is one long regret. Everything might have turned out so differently.
- There is nothing that disgusts a man like getting beaten at chess by a woman.
- We are half ruined by conformity, but we should be wholly ruined without it.