- Don't give up. Don't lose hope. Don't sell out.
- I have a creative life and a political life, and they're both equally important.
- In the morning, I need twenty minutes to cry, to wake up and make that shift, you know, and to just say, "This really sucks"...to really allow yourself the feeling of loss, even two years later...still needs to be acknowledged.
- The fact is that even if your body doesn't work the way it used to, the heart and the mind and the spirit are not diminished.
- The more I do, the more I can do.
- There will be ups and there will be downs, there will be times when things make sense, there will be times when they won't, but you'll always be on an adventure of meaning if you live for self, family, and others.
- To be able to feel the lightest touch really is a gift.
- You play the hand you're dealt. I think the game's worthwhile.