Jump to navigation Jump to search
Quotes about Barker
- To call Clive Barker a 'horror novelist' would be like calling the Beatles a 'garage band'... He is the great imaginer of our time. He knows not only our greatest fears, but also what delights us, what turns us on, and what is truly holy in the world. Haunting, bizarre, beautiful. These are words we can use to describe Clive Barker only until we invent new, more fitting adjectives.
- I think Clive Barker is so good that I am literally tongue-tied. He makes the rest of us look like we’ve been asleep for the past ten years.
- A powerful and fascinating writer with a brilliant imagination... an outstanding storyteller.
- Nothing is off-limits to this free-range fabulist. He can fold a dusty Persian carpet into the contours of the world itself and wring delight from every lustrous thread.
- Barker is one of the few writers who has altered an entire field: more than anyone since Lovecraft, he has changed the shape, the corporeality of horror.
- China Miéville, "Candy and Carrion", The Guardian 19 October 2002.
- Clive Barker is Hell’s anatomist, and with scalpel brilliance dissects Hollywood, twisted gut to Heart of Darkness.