Unsourced, moved from quote page to talk page
Below material moved from quote page to talk page, could be added back in later with proper sourcing. Cirt 07:24, 21 November 2008 (UTC)
- "Deep down even the most hardened criminal is starving for the same thing that motivates the innocent baby: Love and acceptance." ~ Lily Fairchilde
- "A criminal is a person with predatory instincts who hasn't sufficient capital to form a company." ~ Howard Scott
- “If you commit a crime, you're guilty.” ~ Rush Limbaugh
- "There is no such crime as a crime of thought; there are only crimes of action." ~ Clarence Darrow
- “Poverty is the mother of crime.” ~ Marcus Aurelius
- There's so much comedy on television. Does that cause comedy in the streets? ~ Dick Cavett, mocking the TV-violence debate
- “The punishment must fit the crime.” ~ Code of Hammurabi
- "To hide behind culture or tradition to justify anarchy is a gross insult to the very people whose culture or tradition may be paraded to glorify criminal conduct."
- "You ask me what the greatest philosophical crime is? I would say destroying the love between two people for selfish reasons."
- “A kleptomaniac can't help helping himself.” ~ Henry Morgan
- “When crime pays it's always in cash.” ~ Anonymous
Not the best sources
Below moved from quote page to talk page - not the best sourcing standards (year, source, page missing, or all of the above.) Could be added back when sourcing is nailed down better. Cirt 07:28, 21 November 2008 (UTC)
- Crime is a logical extension of the sort of behaviour that is often considered perfectly respectable in legitimate business. ~ Robert Rice, The Business of Crime
- With homosexuality added, it would be sparkling, unassimilable. ~ Jean Genet, The Thief's Journal, in reference to the French Gestapo.
- A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky
- He who helps the guilty, shares the crime. ~ Publilius Syrus, Sententiae (43 BC)
- How you gon say crime don't pay when it pays my rent. ~ Shea Davis (Rapper/Artist/Entertainer/Joke)