Talk:Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Sourcing "...his own opinion, but not his own facts"
For those wanting to find a source for the quotation "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts," a search of the New York Times for 1994-95 found nosource. The Times did, however, refer to a debate between Moynihan and his Republican challenger, Bernadette Castro, which was broadcast on WNBC-TV at noon on 30 October 1994. This may be the debate to which Ellen Hume refers. --Steve McCluskey 14:59, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
- If we get into the mind-set where the good becomes the enemy of the best, we will get nothing.
- July 23, 1987
- There are some mistakes only someone with a Ph.D. can make.
- As quoted by Francis Fukuyama
- If the news papers of a country are filled with good news, the jails of that country will be filled with good people.
- The amount of violations of human rights in a country is always an inverse function of the amount of complaints about human rights violations heard from there. The greater the number of complaints being aired, the better protected are human rights in that country.