Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Borrowing is easy but the day of payment is hard.
- Credit—a difficult subject to those who can't get any.
- A good debt is not as good as no debt.
- Free from debt is free from care.
- One who restrains his appetites avoids debt.
- Paying of debts is, next to the grace of God, the best means in the world to deliver you from a thousand temptations to sin and vanity.
- Run not into debt, either for wares sold, or money borrowed; be content to want things that are not of absolute necessity, rather than to run up the score.
- Debt is the worst poverty.
- Man hazards the condition and loses the virtues of freeman, in proportion as he accustoms his thoughts to view without anguish or shame his lapse into the bondage of debtor.
- A true lover always feels in debt to the one he loves.