- I'm not getting out until they cut my head off and hand it to me.
- According to Joe Trippi, on whether he should withdraw from 1988 presidential race. 
- I never felt it was inevitable that we had to go to war.
- It's a great day for our troops, for this administration, for the people of Iraq. My hope is that this will decrease the violence our troops will have to face.
- I want to say a special thank you to every member of every labor union in this country who has stood by my side ... throughout my career. Your fight is my fight, and it will always be that way.
- Conceding defeat after winning no delegates in the Iowa Democratic caucus of 2004.