- There is no merit where there is no trial; and, till experience stamps the mark of strength, cowards may pass for heroes, faith for falsehood.
- Difficulties strengthen the mind, as well as labor does the body.
- It is difficulties which give birth to miracles.
- Rev. Dr. Sharpe
- What is difficulty? Only a word indicating the degree of strength requisite for accomplishing particular objects; a mere notice of the necessity for exertion; a bugbear to children and fools; only a mere stimulus to men.
- There are few difficulties that hold out against real attacks; they fly, like the visible horizon, before those who advance.
- Within every difficulty lies opportunity.