Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A diplomat is someone who can speak without saying anything.
- Diplomacy: the art of restraining power.
- Diplomacy is more than saying or doing the right things at the right time, it is avoiding saying or doing the wrong things at any time.
- Diplomacy is the art of letting the other party have things your way.
- Diplomacy is the art of being able to say "nice doggie" until you have time to pick up a rock
- origin uncertain; frequently misattributed to Will Rogers
- Diplomacy means all the wicked devices of the Old World, spheres of influence, balances of power, secret treaties, triple alliances, and, during the interim period, appeasement of Fascism.
- Diplomacy means the art of nearly deceiving all your friends, but not quite deceiving all your enemies.
- Diplomats are just as essential to starting a war as soldiers are for finishing it...You take the diplomacy out of war and the thing would fall flat in a week.
- In the world of diplomacy, some things are better left unsaid.
- There are few ironclad rules of diplomacy but to one there is no exception. When an official reports that talks were useful, it can safely be concluded that nothing was accomplished.
- To say nothing, especially when speaking, is half the art of diplomacy.
- A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip.