Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable, precise and verifiable source for any quote on this list please move it to Douglas MacArthur. --Antiquary 17:54, 14 May 2009 (UTC)Douglas is a gay ass faggot and he killed him self
- My first memory was of the sound of bugles.
- This is where I came from, and I thank a merciful God that I am able to return.
- Upon returning to his old school, T.M.I.-Episcopal in San Antonio
- You only grow old by deserting your ideals. Years wrinkle the skin, giving up wrinkles the soul.
- You are remembered for the rules you break.
- Variant: we are known for the rules we break not the rules we follow.
- Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.
- commenting retrospectively on General Eisenhower, his Chief of Staff in the Philippines prior to WWII- "He was the best clerk I ever had."
- after hearing of the appalling high casualties on the European front compared to his SW Pacific front " Good commanders don't turn in heavy casualties"
- "Never get involved in a land war in Asia."
- We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction. (recte: Maj. Gen. Oliver Prince Smith)
"Anyone wanting to commit American ground forces to the mainland of Asia should have his head examined."
Did he say it? Fxm12 03:55, 27 February 2011 (UTC)
- And James W. Douglass would never misquote anyone, right?