Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable, precise and verifiable source for any quote on this list please move it to Elisabeth Kübler-Ross. --Antiquary 19:36, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
I apologize for errors this is a new process for me. The majority of quotations can be found on Elisabeth Kubler-Ross website.
I am unsure how copyright applies
May be used only with full credit & written permission from the Elisabeth Kubler-Ross Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org . Written permission is not required for academic and school purposes.
Source citation link --Pjm1128 15:56, 3 October 2009 (UTC)
- After your death, when most of you for the first time realize what life here is all about, you will begin to see that your life here is almost nothing but the sum total of every choice you have made during every moment of your life. Your thoughts, which you are responsible for, are as real as your deeds. You will begin to realize that every word and every deed affects your life and has also touched thousands of lives.
- Death is simply a shedding of the physical body like the butterfly shedding its cocoon. It is a transition to a higher state of consciousness where you continue to perceive, to understand, to laugh, and to be able to grow.
- Dying is nothing to fear. It can be the most wonderful experience of your life. It all depends on how you have lived.
- For those who seek to understand it, death is a highly creative force. The highest spiritual values of life can originate from the thought and study of death.
- I believe that we are solely responsible for our choices, and we have to accept the consequences of every deed, word, and thought throughout our lifetime.
- I didn't fully realize it at the time, but the goal of my life was profoundly molded by this experience— to help produce, in the next generation, more Mother Teresas and less Hitlers.
- I say to people who care for people who are dying, if you love that person and want to help them, be with them when their end comes close. Sit with them - you don't even have to talk. You don't have to do anything be with them.
- I've told my children that when I die, to release balloons in the sky to celebrate that I graduated. For me, death is a graduation.
- If you live each day of your life making good choices, then you have nothing to fear. You can always ask for forgivness. Where there is hope there is healing.
- It is not the end of the physical body that should worry us. Rather, our concern must be to live while we're alive— to release our inner selves from the spiritual death that comes with living behind a facade designed to conform to external definitions of who and what we are.
- It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth— and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up, we will then begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had.
- Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself, and know that everything in life has purpose. There are no mistakes, no coincidences, all events are blessings given to us to learn from.
- People in mourning have to come to grips with death before they can live again. Mourning can go on for years and years. It doesn't end after a year. It usually ends when people realize that they can live again. They can concentrate their energies on their lives as a whole. Not on their hurt, guilt and pain.
- Should you shield the canyons from the windstorms? Sure, To build a hospital for sick children. Healing is a noble shield for those canyons. God understands. He created Science.
- The opinion which other people have of you is their problem, not yours. Unless it affects your career. The well being of your family and your social standing. Then you turn to faith.
- First sentence in the book on death reuniting four short essays/lectures.
- The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassions, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen. Amen
- The ultimate lesson all of us have to learn is unconditional love, which includes not only others but ourselves as well. Amen In God I Believe.
- There is no need to go to India or anywhere else to find peace. You will find that deep place of silence right in your room, your garden or even your bathtub. Praise the Lord! Peace be with you! Zen. Namaste.
Faith is the Answer
- There is no joy without hardship. If not for death, would we appreciate life? If not for hate, would we know the ultimate goal is love? … At these moments you can either hold on to negativity and look for blame, or you can choose to heal and keep on loving.
- Those who learned to know death, rather than to fear and fight it, become our teachers about life.
- Throughout life, we get clues that remind us of the direction we are supposed to be headed… if you stay focused, then you learn your lessons.
- We need to teach the next generation of children from day one that they are responsible for their lives. Mankind's greatest gift, also its greatest curse, is that we have free choice. We can make our choices built from love or from fear.
- We run after values that, at death, become zero. At the end of your life, nobody asks you how many degrees you have, or how many mansions you built, or how many Rolls Royces you could afford. That’s what dying patients teach you.
- Their are 5 stages of grief. If takes some longer than others to process the pain.
- When we have done all the work we were sent to do, we are allowed to shed our bodies, which imprisons our soul like a cocoon encloses the butterfly and when the time is right we can let go of it. Then we will be free of pain, free of fears and free of worries— free as a beautiful butterfly returning home to God.
- When we have passed the tests we are sent to Earth to learn, we are allowed to graduate. We are allowed to shed our body, which imprisons our souls.
- You will not grow if you sit in a beautiful flower garden, but you will grow if you are sick, if you are in pain, if you experience losses, and if you do not put your head in the sand, but take the pain as a gift to you with a very, very specific purpose.