Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Eddie: This music is the glue of the world, Mark. It's what holds it all together. Without this, life would be meaningless.
- Mark: Hey, did you hear about Lucas?
- Eddie: Hey Lucas man, I hear you went to Vegas and you married a mobster's wife and now you've got a hit on you and stuff. Is that true?
- Lucas: Not entirely true.
- Eddie: Well outlaw man, we salute you.
- Lucas: Thank you, Eddie.
- Eddie: No problem.
- AJ: What's with you today?
- Lucas: What's with today today?
- AJ: Mark, listening to this crap is guaranteed to make you sterile.
- Mark: Maybe I wanna be sterile.
- Mark: Oh, Lucas, I've decided to start a band.
- Lucas: Well, the first thing you need is a name. That way you know what kind of band you've got.
- Mark: I was thinking Marc.
- Lucas: Is that with a "c" or with a "k"?
- Mark: Well, my name is with a [looks down at namebadge] "k". So my band could be with a "c". That way it's that whole, you know, psychedelic trip thing.
- Lucas: Always play with their minds.
- Mark: (answering the phone) Empire Records, open 'til midnight, this is Mark. (pause) MIDNIGHT!
- Joe: [after Lucas enters] Lucas!
- Joe: Where's the money?
- Lucas: Joe, the money is gone.
- Joe: Yeah, I know it's gone... but where's it gone to?
- Lucas: Atlantic City.
- Joe: Atlantic City?... Is it coming back from Atlantic City?
- Lucas: [nervous laugh] Oh, I don't think so, Joe.
- Joe: What's it doing in Atlantic City, Lucas?
- Lucas: ...Recirculating.
- Joe: Recirculating?
- Lucas: Yeah.
[Joe knocks the donation cup that Lucas was carrying out of his hands and grabs his arm]
- Joe: Lucas, listen to me. I told Mitchell Beck that you forgot to deposit the money. I told Mitchell that the money was still here.
- Lucas: Joe, that's not true. It's in Atlantic City... I swear.
- Joe: Shut up, sit down, and don't you move.
- Lucas: [sitting down] It could be in other cities by now...
- Joe: Oh, shut up! Under no circumstances do I want you to leave that couch... unless it's to get me $9000, and then you bring it here to me, okay?
- Lucas: Okay. You know, I think things are gonna be all right now, Joe.
- Joe: Oh? And what makes you think that.
- Lucas: Who knows where thoughts come from? They just appear.
I swear you get smarter the shorter your skirt gets.
I have to tell Corey I love her by 1:37.