Jump to navigation Jump to search
- As long as the differences and diversities of mankind exist, democracy must allow for compromise, for accommodation, and for the recognition of differences.
- In politics one may remain aloof and become irrelavent or get involved and get corrupted.
- I can still smell the tear gas in the Hilton Hotel.
- It is dangerous for a national candidate to say things that people might remember.
- Nixon is the kind of guy who, if you were drowning twenty feet from shore, would throw you a fifteen-foot rope.
- No man could be equipped for the presidency if he has never been tempted by one of the seven cardinal sins.
- One thing about a pig, he thinks he's warm if his nose is warm. I saw a bunch of pigs one time that had frozen together in a rosette, each one's nose tucked under the rump of the one in front. We have a lot of pigs in politics.
- The Senate is the last primitive society in the world. We still worship the elders of the tribe and honor the territorial imperative.
- This is, I say, the time for all good men not to go to the aid of their party, but to come to the aid of their country.
- The function of liberal Republicans is to shoot the wounded after the battle.