Talk:Fight Club (novel)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- "Ever since college, I make friends. They get married. I lose friends."
- "I just don't want to die without a few scars, I say. It's nothing anymore to have a beautiful stock body. You see those cars that are completely stock cherry, right out of a dealer's showroom in 1955, I always think, what a waste." p.39
- "Everyone smiles with that invisible gun to their head." p.19
- "Love & life belongs to great risk."
- "May I never be complete. May I never be content. May I never be perfect. Deliver me Tyler from being perfect and complete." p.46
- "Under and behind and inside everything the man took for granted, something horrible had been growing."
- "At the time, my life just seemed too complete, and maybe we have to break everything to make something better out of ourselves."
- "That old saying, you always kill the one you love, well look, it works both ways." p.184
- "The cancer I don't have is everywhere now." p.106
- To warm her up, to make her laugh, I tell Marla about the woman in Dear Abby who married a handsome successful mortician and on their wedding night, he made her soak in a tub of ice water until her skin was freezing to the touch, and then made her lie in bed completely still while he had intercourse with her cold inert body.
The funny thing is this woman had done this as a newlywed, and gone on to do it for the next ten years of marriage and now she was writing to Dear Abby to ask if Abby thought it meant something. p.106
- "Everything is a copy of a copy of a copy."
- "Forget her, she's a predator posing as house pet."
- "You're such a nutcase, I can't even begin to keep up."
- "I knew this would happen. You're such a flake. You love me. You ignore me. You save my life, then you cook my mother into soap."
- [After having sex with Tyler] "I want to have your abortion."
- "If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't."
- "Fuck that shit, Maybe you're my schizophrenic hallucination.
I was here first.
Tyler says, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, well let's just see who's here last."
- "I am trash," Tyler said. "I am trash and shit and crazy to you and this whole fucking world,"Tyler said to the union president. "You don't care where I live or how I feel, or what I eat or how I feed my kids or how I pay the doctor if I get sick, and yes I am stupid and bored and weak, but I am still your responsibility."