Jump to navigation Jump to search
- I [was] twenty pounds overweight and as strong as an ox. But if I put on a white tails and tux like Astaire, I still looked like a truck driver... I looked better in a sweatshirt and loafers anyway. It wasn't elegant, but it was me.
- I wasn't very nice to Debbie. It's a wonder she still speaks to me.
- On his behavior towards Debbie Reynolds on the set of Singin' in the Rain.
- If Fred Astaire is the Cary Grant of dance, I'm the Marlon Brando.
- The way I look at a musical, you are commenting on the human condition no matter what you do. A musical may be light and frivolous, but by its very nature, it makes some kind of social comment.